Neo bladder question

16 years 5 months ago #10686 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Neo bladder question

I asked about this very thing and no, your diet really won't affect your intestinal mucus output. It's not the same as nasal mucus, which diet can and does affect.

But the mucus output does decrease--my urine looks, for the most part, normal. After surgery, it looked like what Patricia said: egg drop soup. To continue the soup metaphor, it now looks like a fine vegetable stock. :)

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10680 by irishguy
Replied by irishguy on topic Neo bladder question
Thanks pat. It’s nice to know that mucus will die-down eventually. Luckily I haven’t had any problems with blockages due to over production of mucus. But I wonder is there any relationship with diet and mucus? I would imagine that avoiding dairy products might have a good effect on mucus production. I do know that when I’ve been physically active – my urine becomes almost like syrup.

Winning the battle :-)

16 years 5 months ago #10634 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Neo bladder question
Exactly...its more like putting the white of an egg into water....its still there but not the chunky kind!! Pat

16 years 5 months ago #10633 by irishguy
Replied by irishguy on topic Neo bladder question

Hi pat,

could you be more specific regarding the above. I'm not familar with egg drop soup. Do you mean that the mucus in the urine becomes more loose?

Thanks,

Karl

Winning the battle :-)

16 years 5 months ago #10631 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Neo bladder question
Yep it will always be there but rest assured it will eventually realize its new role in life and only produce the consistency of egg drop soup after 6 months or so. ::)
Pat

16 years 5 months ago #10620 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Neo bladder question
Hi Betsy,

I have a neobladder too and I also freak out how much mucus there is at times also. Sometimes it is hard to believe. I am under the impression it will always be there.
God Bless, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne