Recently diagnosed & scared

3 years 4 months ago #60274 by RileyNH
Replied by RileyNH on topic Recently diagnosed & scared
Ok Sara Ann I understand and thanks for sharing your experiences

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #60273 by DonaldK
Replied by DonaldK on topic Recently diagnosed & scared
All

I got this on Sunday (a birthday present from my twin's wife)

Hi Grade T1 CIS
Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #60272 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Recently diagnosed & scared
Hi guys!

Sorry, but we do not currently have private messaging on this web site. It is a topic that we often discuss, since there are some real benefits to it. We did have it early on. However, some people really abused it and caused problems so that it had to be discontinued. We are in the process of revising the Web Site once again (before I got into this I didn't realize what a short life web sites have as technology rushes forward) and then we may re-visit the topic.

As a BCG "survivor" having both induction and maintenance, I can say that the day of instillation was always a bit rough. But the day after....?....life went on as normal, although I did stay near a toilet. No big deal. Some fatigue. You will be fine.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 4 months ago #60271 by DonaldK
Replied by DonaldK on topic Recently diagnosed & scared
RileyNH & Mike

Unfortunately when I tried to provide my personal contact info to a member the mods removed it and stated this is not allowed as they had issues in the past.

SaraAnne is the person that informed me of this, you might attempt to contact her - but I think the results will be the same.

Keep up your spirits and remember - we can beat this !

Hi Grade T1 CIS

3 years 4 months ago #60270 by mikequestions
Replied by mikequestions on topic Recently diagnosed & scared
email: Of course. Not sure how to get that to you. I've not figured out a way to "private message" on this forum. Maybe a moderator can help us.

3 years 4 months ago #60269 by mikequestions
Replied by mikequestions on topic Recently diagnosed & scared
Riley,

This is scary stuff, and I'm finding it helps to have people to talk to. Besides, "misery loves company". :-)
I don't like "luck". It sounds passive. I'm resolved to get rid of this cancer, and though our future is uncertain, I think having a positive attitude is really important. We may not have much of a say in our journey, but we can choose to be optimistic about the outcome. We still have lots of life to live and love to give!

Mike

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne