Calling on the caregivers

13 years 3 months ago #36089 by LoveMyHusband
Replied by LoveMyHusband on topic Calling on the caregivers
I'm in then. It's an honor for me to take care of my husband, if he would only let me. I've backed off a great deal after I got him to talk to me about not waiting for this surgery that he needs so badly. He refuses. In 6 months, the in situ could move into his lymph glands. The doctor says it's a very aggressive cancer.

He is still digging in his heals and at times, I feel helpless to do anything. I just wish he would open up to somebody . . . anybody that has had experience with this.

I'll be here for him no matter what, but I never expected him to stonewall me on this.

Rayn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36078 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Calling on the caregivers
You are in it now. This is the part of the forum that was made for caregivers. As you find issues that apply just to you as caregivers this is the place to post. I am hoping that the new caregivers on the site will enliven it and supply each other with support and friendship as they go along.

Survivors and we call ourselves survivors from the day we are diagnosed are here out of need. If you had given us a choice we would have picked a different way to use the world wide web. The caregivers are here out of love and by choice. The chose to care about us and be a partner with us in this journey. Caring for someone with a serious diagnosis often leaves someone doing the heavy lifting emotionally and physically at time. You all are our heroes and this section of the forum is supplied for you to talk about what that is like and how you are or are not handling it.

All of the sections of the forum are there for a purpose and we do hope from section to section but a forum is a lot like a library. Topic to topic, like to like, so that others that come after us or lurk benefit from our sharing our experiences. This Caregiver section was very vibrant and I am hoping with the new caregivers we see coming in that it will be again. I sure that with more activity that the older caregivers will pipe in.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

13 years 3 months ago #36077 by LoveMyHusband
Replied by LoveMyHusband on topic Calling on the caregivers
Hi Cynthia :) I'd be happy to go to the Caregivers site. Which one is it, or am I in it?

Rayn

13 years 3 months ago #36072 by Cynthia
Calling on the caregivers was created by Cynthia
We find that from time to time different groups are more active on the forum. Our Caregiver section was very active and then over time they graduated on to other things. For us it is like a parent watching their kids go on we are happy for them but we miss them. The down side is it has left a void for the others that come after. What was once a group that offered a lot of support and understanding to each other is no longer there. In the last weeks I am seeing a new group of Caregivers on the site and I am inviting them and asking them to start posting here and supporting each other.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne