Calling on the caregivers

13 years 1 month ago #36715 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Calling on the caregivers
Could NOT have said it any better Duke. You are indeed a Great Friend to this site.
It is so much harder being a caregiver than it ever is being a patient.

The Caregivers forum should be at the TOP of the list for constant review and encouragment.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #36588 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Calling on the caregivers
Cynthia, I'm not a caregiver, but i had to post on here. First off Cynthia I cannot believe how you nurse each of these forums, and i wonder if you have any idea how great this site is and how many people you help! Like i said i am not a caregiver and if i was i would probably be the worlds worst. But i can say this, I may be married to the worlds best caregiver! With the number of cancers, surgeries, and chemos i have had over the last twenty years, my wife has put in more time then one could believe. Through months of chemo, surgeries, etc, she has always been by my side. Never leaving me alone at night. Always being there to make sure i had the best care, and everything i needed. Never showing how tired, stressed out, or fearful she was. Always, and i mean ALWAYS, She has been there to nurse me, encourage me, comfort me, and cry with me. How she has done this i do not know.
I fear that i could never be that patient, and pray i won't have to find out. I have always said that it is the caregiver that has the hardest part. Being sick, we have our medication, we rest, we sleep and we can do things to improve our own selves. All the caregiver can do is set there and worry. Not a great position to be in! I sure have never enjoyed having cancer, but i would much rather be the patient then the caregiver. My hat is off to all you
who are in that position.
Duke

13 years 2 months ago #36508 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Calling on the caregivers
Hi Rhea, I wish I had some answers for you but I don't. My prayer for you is that God will give you and your husband the strengh to deal with what is going on in your lives. It has to be so hard for you . I know there are others that get on this site that have been down the same road as you and I am sure they will soon get on and offer you some kind words and advice. Rocky

13 years 2 months ago #36439 by Rhea
Replied by Rhea on topic Calling on the caregivers
thank you for you kind words. Just talking with my SIL last evening, cancer or not we all have our struggles and issues. My hubby is now dealing with brain mets and our doc told us there was one more chemo to try (he had about 8) and then there was nothing else. She said clinical trials sometimes disqualify brain mets. so now what?
Rhea

13 years 2 months ago #36433 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Calling on the caregivers
Wow, Rhea, I am coming into your discussion late but know my heart goes out to you. Having a small child on top of a husband with cancer and such a serious situation as you are dealing with is just heartbreaking. Know that those of us who are caregivers are here for you!

13 years 2 months ago #36385 by LoveMyHusband
Replied by LoveMyHusband on topic Calling on the caregivers
Hi Alanna,

I'm glad your husband is healing and your life together is getting better. I didn't realize how sick my husband is until this last surgery when they took out 3 malignant tumors.k
We're looking at a healing time of another 2-3 months.

I'll ready your post and thank you for your encouragement.

Rayn

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne