Feeling blue & an update on Bob

15 years 7 months ago #20975 by bobmac2
Feeling blue & an update on Bob was created by bobmac2
Bob had an appointment with a surgeon yesterday. The Oncologist suggested it as she felt that the hernia might be able to capture the bowel & cause severe complications.We went to see her & her 1st reaction after asking a few questions was 'sure, no problem'.I found this odd & filled her in on his surgeries & what was done. Well, her eyes got bigger with surprise & she said' Oh, I see,well perhaps I had better read the full report of the surgery'. DUH!!! That's when she had her secretary call for the reports- unreal! After she read them, then examined Bob & asked a lot more questions (like life expectancy) she decided that surgery would not be good idea. Don't get me wrong- she was very nice & all, I just think she should have done her homework before the appointment.

Bob is very 'snarky' today. I think it's a combination of the pain he is in from the hernia & the fact that he heard somethings that he didn't want to hear yesterday
- " I don't want to put you through a surgery when you have such a short time left"
-" I believe in quality of life not quantity"
-" This would be a very complicated surgery"

etc., etc.

I'm feeling very 'blue' today, I guess because of the appointment & because he nearly took my head off over a minor incident. I'm sure this is just the beginning of the bad part & it will get worse. I don't know if I can handle it. I may be posting a lot here looking for help. I have asked my sisters not to call,because I am weepy all the time & they really have no idea.So, because of that, I really have no one to 'vent' to. Our kids, although wonderful, are very busy with their own lives & I don't want them to feel guilty about anything. Our son is being sent to Japan in Oct. on business & our daughter will be in Phoenix on one of her speaking tours this month. I don't want them to be distracted from their careers, so I am sure I will be calling on all of my friends here- hope you don't mind. There, I feel a little better now, Lorrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne