Caregivers,,,,where are you???

15 years 9 months ago #19634 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
Checking in. Don't have much to say. Trying to get an appointment with Dick's PCP to talk about a different diuretic and starting an anti depressant. This is a better week than 2 weeks ago or was it 3. Had to change my thinking about what Dick was capable of. I was overestimating his ability to function mentally. He is somewhat better now. I am still having problems being motivated to do housework.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19547 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
Bookwriter,

Your right,,the waiting is the worst, but it will be fine, no pain just a pain in the neck, the stress is so frightening. Your right again the men don't get on much, my husband had to be weaned on and now talks to some on the forum facing an r/c...also we talk to patients at the Cleveland Clinic who need help emotionally. My husband was Stage 3 T-2,, diagnosed July 3rd 2007, surgery Sept. 14th, and lucky for us all clear with the path report. So we are closing in on one year, he is 67 me 62,,,he is back to normal,,at times he may be a little emotional but we went through alot as YOU well know... Nice meeting you and pm me anytime!!!!Ginger

15 years 9 months ago #19537 by bookwriter
Replied by bookwriter on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
I just started paying attention to this website because Sailorman is going in for the radical cystecotmy tomorrow morning (and is drinking the bowel-cleaning stuff now). Before that we were waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . . the surgery was scheduled about a month ago. Waiting was not easy.

One thing I've noticed on this board and others is that women talk about these things much more easily than men. Often, it's caregivers posting, and sometimes it seems as if bladder cancer mainly effected women . . . we know that's not true. Guys don't like to discuss this kind of thing.

I just want to say, guys, it's OK. Nobody looks down on you for it. It's good to discuss these things. Knowledge is power.

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #19467 by Gene Beane
Caregivers,,,,where are you??? was created by Gene Beane
WELL, ITS TIME, CAREGIVER OR NOT,

Check in,,,,hows it going::: Lorrie, Julie,Clara, Karen,Heidi,,MARGOT,and everyone, sometimes I wonder who are taking care of the men on the forum,
maybe you men could tell us about your wife, or substantial other and how they are? That would be,Zach, Leigh, Rah, Joe , George, Sailorman, etc. how are your caregivers doing.... Pat is taking care of herself ,and doing a good job!!
Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne