Caregivers,,,,where are you???

15 years 9 months ago #19833 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
Lorrie,

I promise I won't think of you as weird, rather I'll consider you to be a unique friend! We all have our quirks and you are allowed, too! Keeping you guys in my thoughts, God Bless, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19831 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
Hi all- Well they have cancelled the scheduled Chemo for Monday again as Bob is too run down. Also, he has been fighting a cold. The cough is awful so he got a script for some insanely expensive syrup. We have no benefits so it hurt to pay for it- it better work- it has a lot of side effects. The Xrays were good but they sent him for more especially of the chest. We are so appreciative of the Cancer Hospital in Kitchener- it's so well run. I wish we had gone there when this nightmare started- maybe things would be different.........

I guess I'm going to have to breakdown & get some anti-depressents or something-I'm coasting & isolating again. Someone tried to hug me the other day & I lost it. I'm not good with hugs when things are bad- I need to keep a distance to keep it together. Weird huh?

Have a good evening everyone- Lorrie

15 years 9 months ago #19737 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
Hi all- I'm here too- I made a quick post this morning. We are hanging in. I should have some news tomorrow- I'll stop by- I just found this thread. regards to all, Lorrie

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #19716 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
"Guys don't like to discuss this kind of thing". this sounds a bit like a generalisation to me! there's a very active mens section on this forum (more topics and replies than the women's section btw ;) )where you'll find discussions on everything from diapers to ejaculation and emotional issues. we have some very active male members on the forum who are amazing in their candour about the most private of issues . but i think we blokes are in an exponentially improving situation as far as talking about our feelings goes. or maybe that's just the men i hang out with. we talk about all kinds of things.

15 years 9 months ago #19705 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
Karen,
I can really identify with your thoughts and frustrations. After the scan in May and then the visit to the urologist for the cath. it really hit home what is going on. I even have started doing some things to prepare for that dreadful day because I do not think I will be able to handle everything at that time. My daughters have been helping me with that too.

My daughters do pop in and help me some and even have offered to get someone to come in every other week to clean. Last night I told my daughter that lives here to let the cleaner come to her house today that I might need her later. Just felt that with my daughter's job and they moved into a house that they are remodeling, she needs it worse than me. I can at least keep the areas we use decent. I am sure it is even harder for you with those beautiful little ones but just enjoy them. They grow up way too fast.

Since we are having a "bitchy" time, maybe today will become a day of laughter. I try to make sure I laugh at something every day and also share it with Bob.

Take care of yourself.

Love and prayers,
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

15 years 9 months ago #19701 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic Caregivers,,,,where are you???
I know that I am not a spouse of someone with BLC and I cannot even imagine what that is like....I can give my two cents as a daughter. I lay awake at night with my mind racing and worrying about everyone and everything. I do not want my father to be in pain and the thought of him suffering makes me crazy. I am panicked about my mother being left alone and worry that she is not strong enough to carry on without him. I am scared and it encompasses every moment of everyday. There is not escaping it. I go to my parents as much as I can and I help with rides to the dr. and chemo and I stay with him when my mother needs to work. Getting married in 4 months has taken a backseat and all I care about is him being well. I pray harder than I ever have (for all of you as well)....and I just keep telling myself that miracles can happen to good people....and he is a wonderful man.

sorry for the downer...

xoxoxo
Melissa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne