Starting BCG next week

15 years 9 months ago #18867 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Starting BCG next week
Hi David,
Can·t give you any advice on BCG treatment, but am sure others on this site will advise you. Re bladder capacity after MMC, I had cystitis like symptoms for a long time after treatment, and at my last check up told my urologist that I still had to go to pee much more often than previously. He said that sometimes the MMC can make the bladder very sensitive, and prescribed me a drug called Detrusitol Neo. So far so good, have noticed quite a difference, feel practically back to pre Turb. Hope this info may help, and hope all goes well with your BCG
Regards, Flamenco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #18866 by DIB
Starting BCG next week was created by DIB
Well, boys and girls, now it's getting close to my intro to wonderful world of BCG. Got call from uro office this morning with schedule of my first six BCG treatments starting next Tuesday morning. All are 9:30 am or earlier and have read that I should avoid breakfast and drinking after I get up until after so that bladder is empty and I can hold the BCG in longer.

Also, anxious to see how I react to the BCG; seems most people on this board have a reaction after third treatment if they have one, and that most posters do have reaction. May be because those people who do not have reaction do not post?

Also, it has now been almost 3 weeks since my TURBT#2 which included MMC. I have not recovered bladder volume like I did from TURBT#1; nurse said it takes time. And that BCG will further delay bladder recovery; the stress affects the elasticity of the bladder and the volume it can hold. I seem to need to go every 1-2 hours; really affecting my sleep. Any further info or experiences on this aspect appreciated.

Finally, I and my wife are concerned about sanitizing toilets in our house during this BCG stuff for her, kids and guests. Have read that in significant % of people, there is BCG remaining in Bladder (and therefore urine stream?) more than a week after insertion. How do others deal with this?

Any, we plan to visit friends with beach house this coming weekend, arriving home Monday so not much time to dwell on start of BCG.

Will let all know how it goes.

David

Male Dx T1G3 5/08 @ Age 59. TURBT 5/08; TURBT+40 mg MMC 6/08; BCG (6) 7/08-8/08; Cysto & TURBT 9/08; BCG Maint(3) 10/08, 3/09; 7/09; 11/09; 5/10; & 1/11. Clean cystos 2/09, 9/09, 3/10, & 10/10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne