checking in

16 years 2 months ago #13724 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic checking in
Hi,
I am doing ok i think. On Thursday I meet my new dr's at Northwestern in Chicago-
Mayos's isn't on the new insurance but I won't miss my old oncologist. It has either been really cold here - too cold for my bones....or snowin like crazy. Today it was rain tho. I just stay in and stay warm,lol.
Good to hear your Mom is doing alright too, God Bless, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13723 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic checking in
We are hoping for a good week. Our son and granddaughters arrived Saturday night for a weeks visit. He will help us do some chores around the house that neither of us can do anymore and we will do a lot of sightseeing. Today we went to see the Gem and Mineral Show at the Convention Center and I am happy to say Dick did very well. He is still having nerve and muscle pain in his chest from the tumor removal in October. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

16 years 2 months ago #13721 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic checking in
Hi Julieann,

Very relaxing weekend here...My husband missed his appointment on Thurs. We got about 3 inches of snow, and the whole city shut down...LOL. I got a few of the newest releases, and we have been in our pajamas, popping popcorn, and just hanging out with the little ones...They thought it was so funny that Mommy never got dressed...showered and right back in another pair...We are resheduled for Thurs.

Hope you are well...remember to live...don't make everyday about cancer...have a pajama party! It was great, and the kids didn't even notice that Daddy was to tired to get out of bed...

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 2 months ago #13719 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic checking in
Thanks Gene! I guess I have become somewhat consumed with the board lately. :-\ I kept getting disconnected earlier when we were talking...sorry!

16 years 2 months ago #13717 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic checking in
Hi Juliann,

Yes a busy weekend for all I guess, I am too thinking of Aimeth and everyone else as well. We are good, nothing new on our front here. I did speak with Pat just me today, she is getting ready to drive from Kansas to Minnesota for her husbands r/c next week. I wished her well and gave her a good send off. Keep them in your prayers, Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #13714 by julieann
checking in was created by julieann
Hello all! I am just curious as to how everyone is doing. Seems there hasn't been much going on here lately. I wonder how Holly, Susan and Karen are doing. Also about Aimeth. My story hasn't changed of course. Mama seems to be feelng ok. She does seem to be more tired lately. Daddy on the other hand is, well,God love him, driving us nuts! He has decided that he will stop taking his medication. I think that he would just as soon die too if Mama does. Well anyway, just checking on everyone.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne