checking in

16 years 1 month ago #13945 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic checking in
Julianne,
What a great idea, a 40th wedding anniversary party. Take lots of wonderful pictures and maybe you could share one with us....this is a great thread you started, kinda like dropping in for coffee.
I am sure you were shocked by Aimeths husband dying. He was very sick for awhile. Everyone is different, so don't compare others situations to your mom, things are totally different for her..
So where's the JAVA.....take care,,Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #13937 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic checking in
Hello everyone.
I am so glad to hear from everyone.
I have just been lurking lately. The news from Aimeth threw me a little. For once, I found myself speechless. I had no idea what to say. It was scary to me how quickly that seemed to happen. For Aimeth, you have been in my thoughts and prayers.
As for me, I am fine. Mama seems ok. Sometimes I think I notice things but chalk it up to paranoia. We are planning a 4oth anniversary party next month. I am not dwelling on things but it is never far from my mind.

16 years 1 month ago #13932 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic checking in
Yes, Julieann, how are *you* doing? Please check back in when you can -- Susan

16 years 1 month ago #13927 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic checking in
Juliann,

Hey, I am checking in, again, HOW ARE YOU DOING!!! were good! Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #13909 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic checking in
Hi Everyone,

Nice thread, I felt like checking in myself and it's good to see you all.

Susan, you're amazing. I would like to know more about your book, too. The offer sounds very interesting! I'm glad you are feeling well. I suppose you are right that your students should know what's going on in your life now. You sound very close to them and I'm sure they will care. Every good thought, vibe, prayer helps, I think.

Congratulations about the coming baby!

I don't have children, my sisters do. I always have cats, though, and now a dog.

The daughter of my sister Janey, who died of breast cancer in '98, is having a baby. Very unexpected. Never thought she'd do it. She's 37 and lives in San Diego now. I have made my reservations and will fly there when the baby (boy) is about 6 wks old, end of May. This will make me a great-aunt twice over now! My sister Maureen's daughter has a son who is 12 already.

I'll be 52 March 1st, which sounds amazingly old in my ears; I never thought I would get this old. I learned that was a common 'problem' with those who've lost a parent young. I expected to die young as well, and boom, got breast cancer at 43, I figured that was it. Did not plan for this future, but it happened anyway!

Life is good for me and my husband these days and I cherish our good fortune.

Wishing you well,
Wendy

16 years 1 month ago #13894 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic checking in
Today, I want to thank all of you who post here for your caring. When you ask how I am, I know you really would like to hear about the ups and downs -- since we're
all being (as one gospel song says) "tossed about and capsized" from time-to-time.
(It goes on to claim, from a faith perspective, that "the sun's goin' to shine after a while" which can mean different things in our differing journeys.)

Folks not directly affected by bladder cancer may lovingly ask how I'm doing,but the answers I give you seem to scare most of them too much. So I generally say something like "I feel well today; how are you today." Or, "I'm a little low energy today, but most of us have low-energy days."

My family and closest friends have all been told that I have metastatic cancer --
sometimes, not in so many words. To some, I've said "the cancer has spread to other places" (sometimes I specify the places, other times not.)

I think they find the juxtaposition of my diagnosis, prognosis and day-to-day
"normalness" confusing -- but I want to enjoy the blessing of feeling well as
long as it lasts. You all help me both stay in the day and get realistic glimpses
of challenges ahead.

I ask blessings upon you all -- Susan

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne