Results of CT scan don't sound good; cystoscope exam TH

16 years 3 months ago #13095 by julieann
Holly....turkey won't help.

I hope everyone's upcoming tests results are encouraging.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #13090 by momof4
Holly......Good thoughts for you for Mon.

Susan...The Oncologist is probably going to order more scans/tests anyway...Keep that appointment. They will direct you everywhere you need to go..

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 3 months ago #13088 by mznoregrets
Hi Susan,

I agree with Karen...if I had to choose which appt to keep it would be the oncologist, too. The waiting parts of this disease are tough. Just yesterday they did my CT PET and brain scans. Now all the labs and imaging are done...Monday at 2;45 I found out where I stand, too.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as always. Maybe we need to make turkeys?LOL
God Bless, Holly

16 years 3 months ago #13083 by momof4
Hi Susan,

I would keep the appointment with the Oncologist. He is your "Go To" Guy from now on. Once the Cancer is Metastatic I am unsure why the Uro wants to scope??Is there a blockage? Pain? Most everything can be seen on Scans from now on. Ask why the Uro wants to scope too. Was there something they couldn't see on the Scan?

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 3 months ago #13077 by mssmr
I talked to my nurse on the phone, not so good a way to get results. I think I'll call back and ask to pick up a copy of the report today. I did hear that my largest liver lesion had grown from 4.0 to 4.9 CM since November. And it sounds as if I have more lung nodules than before. I am confused about what to do now. My urologist wants to do cystoscopy on TH and I am also scheduled to see my medical oncologist that day. One thing has to be deferred -- but which I don't know. I do want to know what impact the CT scan results will have on my treatment, but I also am interested in learning what's going on in my bladder (and urethra). Feeling mildly "shocky" it is hard to make a decision and act.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for any thoughts, ideas -- Susan (mssmr)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne