Results of CT scan don't sound good; cystoscope exam TH

16 years 2 months ago #13495 by Gene Beane
Susan,
August , thats means she will be a Leo, so I am saying I think it will be a girl and she will be strong, opinionated, and a free spirit. She will be the BOSS.
Just my guess!!!
Ginger ( MY BIRTHDAY IS AUGUST 16TH)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13490 by momof4
Susan,

Wow a new baby!and the first grandchild at that...Now that is something to help you with your will to survive isn't it?

Congrats!!!

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 2 months ago #13484 by Leigh
Hello Susan,

Congratulations...

Kind Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 2 months ago #13473 by mssmr
Thank you Leigh and Ginger for encouraging continuing the communications here.
Your warmth, insight and support really helped me through a rather tough weekend
emotionally. I am again playing a waiting game (waiting for my consultation at M. D. Anderson to get set up) and I got some good family news -- my first grandbaby is
due in August. Oh how I want to live to see that grandbaby.
I appreciate you both very much -- Susan (mssmr)

16 years 2 months ago #13411 by Gene Beane
Leigh and Susan,
Another sharing story of two bladder cancer warriors sharing thir information and their heart felt thoughts. You are very valuable to our forum, without your input neither one of you would have discovered others who fear this disease. You both are very special people. You have overcome one fear, sharing your story!!! It is a big step, my thoughts and prayers are with you both, Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #13404 by Leigh
Dear Susan,

You are courageously and admirably showing us all your strengths in dealing with bladder cancer.

I wish I could turn the clocks back also and have listened to my body more with the chance and hope of an earlier diagnosis. You are certainly not stupid in your actions as you did the best you could do with the knowledge you had. I too have beat myself up so many times and we both know it only takes us off the focus of the now and so is just not worth it. (easier said than done though) :)

The world we live in is very materialistic and we think nothing of spending money on decorating our homes and spending loads of money on maintaining our gas guzzling cars. It is such a shame we are not educated more too at least every three years spend money on our own bodies and have a preventative body scan.

We have all since our diagnosis become so much more aware and educated to this disease and if you knew then what you know now, yes it could have been different. You are certainly not to blame for that and you are doing just fine by trying to put the things you cannot change in a place that will not hurt you anymore.

I for one have been inspired and enlightened by you sharing your story and you will not only help others avoid the pitfalls as you mentioned, you will also save the lives of others. We are all connected together in one universe and your openness to share will help so many.

Maybe the Rational Therapeutics testing can be discussed at your evaluation at M.D. Anderson. It certainly seems to make sense to test your type of cancer cells to find the best chemo compound that reacts positively, giving you the best chance. My hope is this type of testing will become standard as presently it is as you know hit or miss to the success of chemo.

Susan, thank you for being strong as it makes me stronger too....
Kind Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne