Marine Vet 1963-1967

9 years 9 months ago #46585 by Blackrock
Replied by Blackrock on topic Marine Vet 1963-1967
Alan, thanks for the feedback.
Its been 3 months now and still waiting to hear back from the VA

Earl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #46584 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Marine Vet 1963-1967
Blackrock, first let me say thanks for your service. Although I have had very little interaction with the VA, I have a friend that believes his Parkinson's disease of 4-5 years was has a causation from Agent Orange in the 60's. He basically has just had a runaround with no one committing either yes or not. At the same time he does have a friend that did some satisfaction or settlement in a similar situation (Viet Nam service also). Who knows what causes any of this? I never smoked which is one of the markers but, I did have an uncle that had BC. Genetics, and exposure to chemicals have to be a part of any cancer. Wish I could be more positive but, I am just passing along what my observations are.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

9 years 9 months ago #46583 by Blackrock
Marine Vet 1963-1967 was created by Blackrock
I served in the Marines at Camp Lejuene in the Sixty. Developed bladder cancer in 1990 and had it remove in 1991. Just recently found out that the wells at Camp Lejuene were contaminated and may have been the cause of the cancer. Has anyone on this site dealt with the VA as far getting claims etc. The VA does give veterans free supplies.

Thanks in advance

Earl

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne