Marine Vet 1963-1967

9 years 2 months ago #48158 by Oldcarnut
Replied by Oldcarnut on topic Marine Vet 1963-1967
Hi Blackrock, I too am a Viet Nam era Veteran and have plenty of experience with the VA. My advice is if you want to file a claim with the VA don't deal directly with the VA, use one of the service organizations such as the Disabled American Veterans (DAV). The beauracracy at the VA will wear you down and you will never get anywhere. The DAV has a lot of clout and knows exactly what buttons to push. You will go to the head of every line and get straight answers and, best of all, their service is free. No, I don't work for the DAV but I am a life member.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #46698 by motorcity15
Replied by motorcity15 on topic Marine Vet 1963-1967
My suggestion to u is to apply to the VA for benefits in which u believe caused u the bladder cancer.
I am pretty sure u will get an answer

Alan

9 years 8 months ago #46633 by oneontas
Replied by oneontas on topic Marine Vet 1963-1967
yep thats du delusional parasite!! tell it to go away amen ha godluck ask oncologist as well

9 years 8 months ago #46629 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Marine Vet 1963-1967
Earl,

There is also a parasite (unless I am delusional) that I have read about in Southeast Asia-not sure where- that can cause a rare form of bladder cancer.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

9 years 8 months ago #46627 by Blackrock
Replied by Blackrock on topic Marine Vet 1963-1967
Thanks Jimswife.

I will post when I hear from the VA.

9 years 8 months ago #46626 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Marine Vet 1963-1967
Hi, Earl, there are some of us who believe that the exposure to Agent Orange et al, the 15+ herbicides that come under that umbrella including Agent Blue which is high in arsenic content contributed to BC. My own husband was in Vietnam from late January 1968-Sept 1969. He was also in Korea in the early 1960s. As far as BC and VA goes they are approving some claims with proper info attached and usually on appeals. They apparently do not wish to open this Pandora's Box as there are a large number of civilians who unwittingly were exposed as well. I am sure the financial impact could be very great. So, there are some of us who are working on a sort of template (info that connects the BC to the AO et al exposure). Hope this helps. If you have heard nothing on your claim in 3 months I would consider contacting either your Veterans Service Officer or if they aren't able to assist you check online at ebenefits there is a place where you can track your claim. www.va.gov Wishing you the best on this claim!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne