Neobladder Urione Retention

12 years 3 months ago #40640 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Neobladder Urione Retention
This is a test they do on me every time. I guess they want you to void everything and that reduces the cause of infection. I was retaining a small amount at first because I was not "pushing" enough. I went back into the bathroom and "pushed" and voila! No retention!
What I find interesting is the way the stream "cuts off" when the baldder is empty. This makes knowing when the bladder is empty easy. Maybe it will work for you.

I am always amazed that the conversation after Neobladder surgery, invariably turns to either incontinence or retention.
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #40638 by GroundedFlyer
Neobladder Urione Retention was created by GroundedFlyer
Took my neobladder in for its 6 month checkup yesterday. CT scans with contrast, urine retention test, blood tests. Uro is pleased with recovery. No signs of cancer and everything looks good with the neobladder and intestines.

Only negative point was ultrasound showed I am retaining about 250 ml of urine after voiding. The uro didn't seem too concerned as long as I wasn't having infections. He didn't give as reason for the retention. His solution is catheters if it becomes a problem.

I'm mot worried for now. Does anyone else have any experience with urine retention volumes?

Thanks,
Flyer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne