Neobladder Urione Retention

11 years 9 months ago #42505 by GroundedFlyer
Replied by GroundedFlyer on topic Neobladder Urione Retention
Took my neobladder back for its one-year checkup last week. Blood tests, CT scan all look good, retained about 50 ml of urine. No sign of cancer returning.

Past few months I've had trouble voiding. He scoped me and found nothing unusual and recommended pressing harder or cath if necessary. Lavitra didn't do anything so he gave me a prescription for an ErectAid. Anyone have any experience with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #42502 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic Neobladder Urione Retention
Hi,

Thank you so much for answering.

I have had two neo surgeons opinions and both are in agreement.

I do not have a problem with the cath, wow after 4 years, it becomes just something you do, it is the pressure of having to void because of the rectocele.

Again many thanks.
Silk

11 years 9 months ago #42500 by FarRed
Replied by FarRed on topic Neobladder Urione Retention
I've never heard of that. I guess he means there is not adequate support? Perhaps you should get a second opinion. For me, if I had to cath to void, I'd just get the bellybutton surgery instead. I only agreed to the neo on the assumption I would be part of the ninety percent. My doctor told be around ten percent of his patients have to cath regularly, 50 percent at least once.

Bladder cancer diagnosed Mar, 2010.
Robotic assisted laproscopic cystoprostatectomy with Studer neo-bladder, 2010.
UMC Tucson

11 years 9 months ago #42499 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic Neobladder Urione Retention
Hi,

I saw your post about neo bladder and having to cath.

I have a neo for 4 year now and HAVE to cath to void, about every 3 hours. The surgeon said the neo "flopped" because I have no female organs.

Your thoughts please.

Thank you.
Silk

11 years 9 months ago #42497 by FarRed
Replied by FarRed on topic Neobladder Urione Retention
I'm two years out. I occasionally have problems. On one office visit they had me scoped at almost 400ml. I was stumped, since I was using the same two techniques to void as when I was able to get it below 100. The Dr didn't seem too concerned. I still wonder if those ultrasounds work as well on studers. Anyway, two months later I began having noticeable problems voiding--going every hour or two. Then a month later I stopped completely, had to cath myself twice--2x too many. Had corrective surgery to remove a flap of skin in the neo-bladder that had grown over the exit to the urethra. All better :woohoo: I also find that if I eat too much I have trouble emptying--must get crowded down there.

Bladder cancer diagnosed Mar, 2010.
Robotic assisted laproscopic cystoprostatectomy with Studer neo-bladder, 2010.
UMC Tucson

12 years 3 months ago #40648 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Neobladder Urione Retention
Flyer, For me it's as simple as making sure I take the time to work hard to get it all out. I really do have to remind myself. Sounds like you are doing great.
Duke

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne