Need help in Wayne's World

16 years 6 months ago #8487 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Need help in Wayne's World
Wayne right now you don't need to eat better you need to get the surgery and get your bladder out. If you don't there are absolutely no guarantees that that cancer won't come back are you willing to take that risk and yes you are running out of time fast here if that is the date your chemo was done. What's the problem Wayne you can't or are you afraid of receiving a new way to void cause I don't know why you're still stressing about the surgery and to me you have no choice. But it is your life and your call so I wish you the best my friend down the road. Joe ;)

******Wayne you can just reply to the post you don't have to put the quote in every post unless that's what you like doing-Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8486 by clur
Replied by clur on topic Need help in Wayne's World
Hi Wayne
Sorry your here and having to make such tough decisions.My only advice is to go with whom you trust if you have misgivings run a mile.
Claire x

16 years 6 months ago #8483 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Need help in Wayne's World
Wayne,

I had my tonsils out at Duke about 30 years ago and did not have a good experience.
The surgeon who assisted told me after the surgery that HE didn't see anything wrong with my tonsils. THAT's when I learned the importance of 2nd opinions.

Duke is already listed on the honor roll for the US News and World Reports Best Hospitals for 2007. Duke is coming in at #7 and tying with the University of California.

In spite of it's good rating, our local area here in New Bern seems to send Bladder Cancer Surgery referrals to UNC. I have no idea WHY this is so, however, I have heard only good things about individual experiences there. However, UNC is only rated #40 Cancer and #43 Urology so far this year.

October 22 is the date for your surgery? Is there a hospital in Cary or will you be going to Wake?

I have to be honest here, as it may be coming down the pike for me...if it were me having the surgery, I would definitely be going to UNC.

Your new friend,
Rosemary

health.usnews.com/sections/health/best-hospitals

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 6 months ago #8479 by Wayne
Replied by Wayne on topic Need help in Wayne's World
Did anyone see this on ABC. I bought the book and have been tring to change the way i eat. I figure i need to eat better wheather i have surgery or not. Yes this guy is tring to sell something but a lot of what is in his book makes since. He talks about taking care of the problem that caused the cancer in the first place. Just copy and paste if you would like to view it. I just thought he had a very interesting way of looking at it. www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=2591@wfts.dayport.com

Age 45 * Electrician * Wife Patty 43 * Son Danny 23 *
Muscle Invasive High Grade

16 years 6 months ago #8478 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Need help in Wayne's World
Lol Wayne I was trying to get to that post and delete it because I put in about chemo and you already had that done I wasn't paying attention.

TURBT
transurethral resection of a bladder tumor. You get this done before the surgery sometimes called a Tur.

Now just get youself a good surgeon and your bladder out and you should be ok. Joe ;)

16 years 6 months ago #8477 by Wayne
Replied by Wayne on topic Need help in Wayne's World
Joe from what i have been reading on here a (TURB I think is the abbrevation) of the tumor seems to be pretty common before RC.

Age 45 * Electrician * Wife Patty 43 * Son Danny 23 *
Muscle Invasive High Grade

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne