Recent POST-OP

13 years 3 days ago #37519 by alanjay
Replied by alanjay on topic Recent POST-OP
I will try the dish soap. but I was sent something called M9 crystals, supposed to do same thing, my insurance company is paying a lot for my supplies, so I better try to use them all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 days ago #37518 by alanjay
things just going too easily for me. only issue now is dripping from urethra. i untwist tube before i go to bed, bag sits in a 2 gal plastic trash can so it is fixed.

13 years 4 days ago #37517 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Recent POST-OP
I guess I was lucky. I didn’t have any post op drip. I got a night bag but also a plastic jar which looked more direct so I use it with no problems. I elevated my bed with 4x4's to help the gravity flow better. About once a week I send a few drops of liquid dish soap down the tube to clean it and the jar. It sounds like you have got things pretty well under control.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

13 years 1 week ago #37444 by Babsiebob
Replied by Babsiebob on topic Recent POST-OP
Alanjay

I check the tube if I happen to wake during the night just to make sure it isn't twisted. It sometimes is and I just twist it back and massage the bag to get the pee to drain, I am also [or will be 72 in June] and I am so very thankful to be cancer free. Good luck.
Barbara

Dx 4-28-08
pT3a no mo
Rc with Ileal Conduit on 6-09-08
2nd surgery on 6-27-09 for ureter leak
Renal failure on 7-01-09 nephy tube and then stent on 7-09-09
so far so good

13 years 1 week ago #37443 by alanjay
You are right on the mark a usual, Mike. I will try those pads if I can control the flow a little better. My night catheter has a 3 foot hose on it and yes, the valve, or in my case the tube is attached to the catheter. my conduit ends in a tube about 1.5" long. I can get about 1" into the tube and there is a pinch clamp that keeps it in. It actually works well for me.

13 years 1 week ago #37442 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Recent POST-OP
Alan,

They also have those pads you can wear instead of the full Depends undergarment. Need to wear tighty-whiteys with them but that's easier than the full Depends. At least it was for me before I switched.

I also use extension hose on my night bag. They come in 18" length. That way I can just toss the bag on the floor next to the bed (I usually kick it a bit under the bed). Just be sure there isn't a kink in it.

Are you leaving the valve from your ileal conduit bag open when you have the night bag connected to it? I don't think you should be having to get up to do anything--but again, I'm not a ileal conduit guy so maybe there is something I am missing.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne