Neo bladder repair work....

16 years 1 month ago #14662 by Leigh
Neo bladder repair work.... was created by Leigh
Dear Forum Members,

Tomorrow morning at 08:00 I check in at my local hospital for some neo bladder repair work.

The opening to my neo bladder will be enlarged which will be a relief because urinating has been painful and time consuming the last couple of months. I have had several scary moments this last week because of blockages that luckily rectified when bearing down hard and a visit to the emergency room was avoided. The mucus is having a hard time passing through the small hole I guess.

During my last Urology visit a 2cm growth was found inside my neo bladder with an echo scan and hopefully this can be removed at the same time. My Urologist is unsure what the growth could be but is almost certain it is not a spread of disease because it moved during the echo scan…just like seaweed in the ocean. Apparently cancer is solid and should not move this way in urine.

The plan is to be kept in over night and sent home the next day with a catheter and this will stay in for a few days because of the slow healing time as I am presently having chemo. I am in my rest period at the moment before I start my third cycle next week. The blood levels taken yesterday are good so this will not hinder the operation.

As soon as I am able I will update this post with more news….

Kind Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne