Neo bladder repair work....

16 years 1 month ago #14722 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Neo bladder repair work....
Leigh,
Great!! It was SEAWEED!!! Yes we women understand your pain when talking about legs in the stirups, one never gets use to it! I had an epidural with my second son so I can relate to them picking up the legs that you can't feel..its very weird!!! I am elated for you, just rest up, and you'll be off and running again!! Love, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14720 by flamenco
Replied by flamenco on topic Neo bladder repair work....
Hi Leigh,
Good news eh ! Wishing you a happy relaxing Easter, too. From sunny Spain.
Regards Flamenco

16 years 1 month ago #14718 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Neo bladder repair work....
Leigh,

I can only imagine your relief upon hearing the good news :) I am very glad some things are going so well. As always I am totally impressed with your upbeat attitude...Know you are thought of often from this side of the pond ;)
God Bless, Holly

16 years 1 month ago #14715 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Neo bladder repair work....
Hello everyone,

Thank you all very much for your kind messages of support I really appreciated them.

I am very happy to report that I am home and feeling rather good after the procedure.

I had an epidural which numbed my body from the waist down. Once in the operating room they pulled me onto another table and put my legs in the stirrups. This kind of freaked me out seeing my legs coming towards me and not feeling a thing….

The procedure literally took 15 minutes although my urologist had a job getting into my bladder because of scar tissue and the opening was enlarged to allow easier urination.

Once inside the neo bladder he was very surprised at the size of the bladder which is twice as big as the one’s he makes….my RC surgery was performed at another location.

A clean up job was in order for him though as I had a back up of mucus that could not get through the tiny opening.

The growth seen on the echo scan was pluming and joinery work made by the original surgeon and blood veins had grown around this area. This of course was totally harmless and no further repair work had to be done.

I am so happy and grateful that it was nothing serious and now I can focus on getting through the chemo which starts again next Tuesday.

To my surprise the catheter was removed at 05:00 this morning which is not a pleasant awakening to say the least. The first pee was painful but clear and then I was discharged at 09:00 with a prescription for Cipro for one week.

Urination so far today is pretty much the same as before...just dribbles... but I guess it is rather swollen inside so this should improve by the day.

Wishing you all a lovely Easter weekend, the snow has started to fall here in Holland so I am in for a cosy weekend in with my cats :)

Kind Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 1 month ago #14684 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Neo bladder repair work....
Hi Leigh, wishing you well, positive thoughts and a good recovery.
Maria xx

16 years 1 month ago #14683 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Neo bladder repair work....
Leigh I know this is the last thing you feel like doing but from what you say it sounds as though it needs to be done good luck my friend, Joe ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne