I am struggling at the moment help!!!

16 years 1 month ago #14570 by Bawa
Replied by Bawa on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry that you're having such an awful time just now.

I just wanted to reiterate something that Melodie said. My Mum had Abdominal Cancer, and it was the steroids that caused her to gain weight. She lost the weight when she finished her chemo. She even managed to get rid of her "treble chin". Like you, she had a very rough time, but she got through it. You will too.

Take care

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14568 by lisaloo
Replied by lisaloo on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Hi
Thanks I cant believe how great everyone here is my children are 2 and 4 so you can imagine its pretty hard to cope with them and chemo.After some of your messages I rang my doctor to see if we could get some help and he has got in touch with the local college that runs a childcare course as a result I am going to have student nannies coming for three hours every week day which is fantastic.
I am an only child and my parents are both in their 70s so really cant help and I havent let on to the total extent of my illness/treatment as they would only worry.I am getting in a stupid state about tomorrow if my bloods are still low I will worry and if I have treatment I am scared how bad I will feel.As it is I feel about nine hundred.
Lisa

16 years 1 month ago #14559 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Lisa,
Everyone has given you such good advice; seems there is little I can add except to let you know, I too, am praying for you. Chemo is a tough go for just about everyone I know. I am very independent and it was very hard for me to ask for help but that is exactly what you must do. I know how strong we want to be and we feel that so much depends on us women when we have small kids, but you need to give yourself a break. Please don't talk yourself down...the chemo has steroids in it so we don't lose weight and instead put it on....you'll be back into shape in a few months. This too will pass. My faith is what kept me going. Try talking to the BIG Guy upstairs. Hugs to you and yours. Melodie.

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 1 month ago #14558 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Hi Lisa - After reading through the posts I can't think of anything else to add...everyone's comments will hopefully brighten your day a little. Like Ginger, I wish I had a magic wand to take away all your concerns and pain. Like Rick, Harry finished his chemo (on 2/19) and he is feeling better day by day and is beginning to see the "light at the end of the tunnel". It's not an instantenous improvement, but things do improve with time...not an easy fix, but know you are in our prayers and I hope you can feel the hugs we have for you. Margot and Harry

16 years 1 month ago #14546 by justme
Replied by justme on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
(((((((Lisa)))))))

I'm sorry for your disconfort right now and give you gentle hugs and many prayers.

This cancer thing is a family diesease and so is the chemo like it or not. No matter the age of your children give them little jobs if they are little and bigger jobs that are age approicate. They will feel good about helping their Mom as they probably feel helpless.

Go for confort girl in the clothing line and ask others for help. My sister went out and brought Deverne sweats so he could be more confortable and was more willing to do it. When some one says "how can I help" tell them how they can. I didn't and wish I had. Maybe they can make a meal or sit with the children while you rest or pick up the house, do dishes, do the laundry. As my husband said his experience so far has made him more humble and he feels that is a good thing.

Contact the hospital and see if they have anyone that volunteers for these situations or better yet ask someone else to do it for you, ask the people where you get your chemo if there's help out there in your community.

Most of all please don't think you are alone and please reach out your hand so someone can grab onto it it might just be the thing that person needs.

hugs
patd

16 years 1 month ago #14528 by flamenco
Replied by flamenco on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Hi Lisa,
Sorry you·re having such a rough ride, I know its really difficult coping especially when you·re a mum and you feel like everything sort of depends on you. Never underestimate the benefits of a good "bawl your eyes out",occcasionally,about the injustice of it all, preferably behind a locked bathroom door. I really hope this post doesn·t sound glib, but sometimes , however strong you usually are, you have to let your anguish out,then splash the cold water on, unlock the door, and carry on. Please keep in touch with us and know we are all thinking of you ,
love Flamenco

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne