I am struggling at the moment help!!!

16 years 1 month ago #14520 by betsy
Replied by betsy on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
My sister is battling metastatic cancer. I would advise that you just tell people what you need or want done. Some friend or family member would be very willing to go buy you something comfy to wear or watch the kids for a while.
I bought my sister some soft pants and then had to help her snip the elastic to make them even more comfy. They almost fell off but style gives way to comfort.
We " standby" sisters often feel helpless but we respond well to directions!!!

B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14506 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Hello Lisa,

This is a great place to vent and please feel free to do this anytime and not feel guilty about doing so.

Your experience of the chemo positive or negative is so valuable to many whom will be making these next steps as you know.

I am on my rest period now before my third cycle begins in a few weeks...

The last Ciplatinum I had was a big slap in the face and I felt terrible for at least a week. It scares me now to think that the next one may be even worse so I spoke with my oncologist and he prescribed extra medication to help with the yucky feelings.

I am just over the half way point and these little hurdels keep me motivated and please stay focused as you have done so far on getting through each cycle to your rest period.

When you are in a dip just vent vent vent...I always feel better having a good old winge about it.

I have piled on the pounds also and wear only jogging pants at the moment as nothing else fits comfortably....when I try to pull on my jeans I get so frustrated and feel fat and ugly too :) so I just don't do it anymore.

The time will come when this will be over and the weight will fall away...it is temporary...keep your chin up lovey!!

Best Wishes..
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 1 month ago #14494 by marie
Replied by marie on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Hugs to you Lisa...I'm just recovering from my RC and sending you positive thoughts and prayers daily.
Hang in there,
Marie xoxo

16 years 1 month ago #14491 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Hi Lisa, I really feel for you, having only had 2 chemos myself and feeling very rough I can only just relate to your feelings and pain. My chemo was canceled last week due to bladder infection. I am back on the roller coaster again next week, I have changed from MVAC to the G&C combo as I am at a new hospital with better quality of standards and care.

Am I right in thinking that you are from the UK? If so have you claimed all your benefits? Send me a PM if you are not sure on what to claim as I used to work with the medical team and assist with benefits before I moved to the US. Things like DLA, Carers Allowance can all help, you have to know a few tricks to get through the system.

How old are your children? You could approach your local Health Visitor and ask for help, they can usually point you in the right direction. If they are at school there is usually after school clubs who will do their evening meal and that will save you a task. If they are pre school social services (don't be put off) do some great day nurseries and under the circumstance you should get help at least 5 days. I will PM you if I think of anything else.

(((((((hugs to you Lisa)))))))) thinking about you at these very difficult times.

16 years 1 month ago #14481 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Lisaloo,
Yep life isn't fair sometimes, you have alot on your plate, especially with the young ones, and gas is what? 3.40 a gallon....we all try to stay afloat and get better at the same time...do you have any family that could help monetarily?
I know when your missing the money you need it can be devastating, no fun at all,I wish I had a magic wand, I would send you a few house payments to ease the pain of it all. Look into making interest only for awhile, they are helping people in any way they can these days with the mortgage situation...perk up, spring is on the way, take care of you,,,Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #14478 by RAH
Replied by RAH on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Lisa,
I had similar feeling during my Chemo. I am now two months free of chemo and doing fine. It is easy for me to say today, “there is Light at the end of the Tunnel”, but since you are living in your "Now" - it may not be that comforting.

During my "Now with Chemo" I tried to do everyday things. I was successful in some that I tried, and miserably failed in others. Find something that makes you happy, even with pain and the throbbing head. (mine was to rent a DVD of my favorite movies, it may have taken three times the duration to watch, since I would fall asleep - which is another thing I like to do).

My kids that are home (18, 15, and two 7 year olds) did amazing things they had never done before. They cleaned, vacuumed, even made cookies - and they did it as a team. Most importantly, they understood that I had this long flu like state and they left me alone (when I needed this). Maybe your, “leave me alone time” is when your husband comes home from work. It is tough to balance taking care of yourself and taking care of kids when you are a one person show during the day. My wife sent the youngest kids to “Play Dates” with friends. The Parents of the kid’s friends understood my situation and were more then happy to take the kids for hours at a time.

Take Care
Rick

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne