I am struggling at the moment help!!!

16 years 4 weeks ago #14809 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Hi Lisaloo...are you able to take shots of Neulasta for your white blood cell count?
That worked for my son and i know many others on this site have gotten it. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 weeks ago #14801 by lisaloo
Replied by lisaloo on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Hi
I went for my appointment today and again my blood levels were far too low to have treatment.So its back tomorrow for another transfusion and wait and see.Has anyone anytips for keeping blood levels up as I really want to continue treatment and the doctors are talking about finishing early.
Lisa x

16 years 1 month ago #14626 by lisaloo
Replied by lisaloo on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Thanks
I had my treatment yesterday bloods were borderline but we went ahead with it they kept me in overnight to make sure I coped OK and so I could have extra medication basically I slept all day and it seemed alright.So I am home dreading next week and feeling yukky.I have had my dosing reduced for the next cycles.It panics me a bit if they thought I needed that much to control the cancer does having less mean its more likely to come back?
Lisa X

16 years 1 month ago #14620 by oakwood
Replied by oakwood on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Sorry to hear you're struggling Lisa. Not sure I can add anything more to what other people have said...except that you do get through it. My worst session by far was the second one. I felt really ill, couldn't eat and at one stage couldn't pee even though I desperately wanted to. The third and final session wasn't too bad. So keep your chin up, it'll be over soon. Hope you're getting the help you need with the kids now. My partner has a 19-month old grand-daughter who we're babysitting over the Easter weekend. She's a real charmer but can be a handfull and, with my partner in fill-time work,it would have been tough if she'd been around permanently while I was on chemo.
Good luck...Alan

16 years 1 month ago #14577 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Lisaloo,

Goodness, didn't realize how very young your two children are...but the goodness in that is they must be so very adorable and hopefully if you share your need for help, others that can help, will be happy to jump in and help. I know the terrible Twos can be tough but still at that age, they are so fun. I am hoping that besides the nannies, that family or friends will lend a hand.

I am so sorry you are having such a tough time with chemo. I gained weight durng that time but lost it all and more after I came home after surgery. Anyone who must go this journey feels like crap and thinks they look like crap, but just remember inside we are all that more beautiful because of our courage and strength during such a time of adversity. Now that I am 7 months post surgery/chemo, my hair is back thicker and growing fast, I have kept my weight off that I gained during chemo, and my friends all think I look better than ever. So hang in there, as best you can, knowing all of us here are praying for you. Take one day at a time. You are stronger and more noble than you know. Hugs. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 1 month ago #14572 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic I am struggling at the moment help!!!
Lisaloo,

Take all the help you can get!!!! And the little ones love it when they have someone that will play with them...good idea getting the nannies for a few hours, it will do wonders for you... Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne