× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

Diagnosed 5 days ago

7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #57031 by Alan
Johno100,

Welcome. I was in your shoes about 11 years ago with many questions. Gross hematuria (visible blood) is often but not always a sign of bladder cancer. 10MM or 1CM is considered small from most scales I have read about, the break being +-2CM...not that in itself is a big item. Visible blood while appears to be a lot is normally not much just to ease your mind. The CT scan will be a part of the look into the torso to make sure there is no other possible involvement in the urinary tract.

The next step will be a TURB (transurethral resection of the bladder) to burn/cut whatever they see and send to pathology. Until that report is done you really won't know what to expect. There are even some cases where what looks like a tumor, isn't. If this is high grade a second TURB is often done as a re-check as your URO will take samples to the muscle layer to check involvement. Same would apply on low grade if the specimen doesn't include the muscle (layer 2).

This is all treatable and beatable. Let's what and see what pathology reports then you will have a game plan. Take this as one day at a time!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warrior1968

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago #57029 by Johno100
Hi All

Just diagnosed , 56year old male , havent smoked for 30+ years , drink very little ,not overweight.

If I remember correctly I was treated for a UTI around 18 months ago , guessing that was the beginning .

Urinated what appeared to be pure blood around three weeks ago first time ever, went for a cystoscopy this Wednesday just gone , the urologist found a tumour around 3/8" dia (10mm) , he said he was 80% confident its not gone into the muscle , had a second case of blood in urine today , got a CT scan on this Wednesday .
Not sure what to expect .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 1514 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: LouB
Yesterday Total Opened: 2 Yesterday Total Answered: 6
Total Posts: 52795 Total Subjects: 6870 Total Users: 8448