my husband has stage 3

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36052 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic my husband has stage 3
Hwg,

Sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Where are you located? Is your husband scheduled for chemo and cystectomy (bladder removal)?

As George mentioned, getting to the right surgeon is a VERY BIG DEAL in terms of outcomes.

You've come to the right place. People here have a lot of experience and knowledge (much of it first hand and even more from research that we've done).

You (and he) are NOT alone. We're here for you. Ask any questions you may have and we'll do our best to answer or at least point a direction.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #36048 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic my husband has stage 3
It is perfectly normal to be scared. But you need to put that energy to work. Get a focus and start your research for the BEST Dr. for your husband. They may not necessarily be super convenient but seek them out. People on this site can help if you give us a general idea where you live.

Also, you need to get to the BEST cancer care hospital for Bladder cancer. Not prostrate cancer or testicular cancer...... Bladder cancer.

Your will need a Dr. who is more of an assembly line worker that an artiste. The assembly worker has seen it all and know how to do it with their eyes closed.

Patricia or Cynthia will weigh in with some help in this area.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 3 months ago #36020 by hwg
my husband has stage 3 was created by hwg
my husband has stage 3 bladder cancer i am scared of something happening but keeping positive attitude

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne