my husband has stage 3

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #36061 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic my husband has stage 3
Listen to Pat and Mike, they are the best and have the most information. They both helped me alot. Stay strong and God bless! Sara Anne, love you to!!!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #36058 by hwg
Replied by hwg on topic my husband has stage 3
thank you

13 years 2 months ago #36057 by Patricia

13 years 2 months ago #36056 by hwg
hi sara anne
good news Petscan came back cancer localized did not spread still stage 3 thanks for your good advice i am thinking positively feel better that petrscan came back no new tumors :cheer: he has TURBT on wednesday then we start chemo 2weeks later starting to feel a little better.
Helene

13 years 2 months ago #36055 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic my husband has stage 3
It is normal to be scared. I think it is harder, sometimes, being the caregiver than the patient (having been both at times.) You feel like going to pieces, but don't want to since that is the "perogative" of the patient...and you want to be strong for him!!

Just a few suggestions. You CAN share your worries and concerns, but also your confidence that he can do this and that you will be there holding his hand all the way. I assume that you are going to his doctor's appointments with him....and maybe taking notes. It is so easy to just "glaze over" when the doctor is talking and it is great to have two minds collecting the information. Particularly after surgery, you will DEFINITELY have the clearer mind and will sort of "be in charge" for a while.

I wish you both the best of luck. You are lucky to be participating in this together and to have each other.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

13 years 2 months ago #36053 by hwg
dear mike and george i believe you have responded to my husband already his name is alanjay we have the hospital and doctors chemo starts in 2 weeks we are in the ft lauderdale area we are using holy cross hospital i am thinking positive that all will be ok but scared my husband is very calm and taking in all in stride i am just going nuts i am afraid of the unknown

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne