my husband has stage 3

13 years 2 months ago #36151 by hwg
Replied by hwg on topic my husband has stage 3
thank you how is the ileal different from the others if my husband was to get it how could i help me as a caregiver helene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #36150 by Babsiebob
Replied by Babsiebob on topic my husband has stage 3
Hi hwg
I had my bladder removed in 08 and have an ileal conduit. I wouldn't trade it for the others because I don't think I could make it through all of the training you have to do with the others. It all depends on you and your doc. Good luck

Dx 4-28-08
pT3a no mo
Rc with Ileal Conduit on 6-09-08
2nd surgery on 6-27-09 for ureter leak
Renal failure on 7-01-09 nephy tube and then stent on 7-09-09
so far so good

13 years 2 months ago #36147 by hwg
my husband will be having his bladder removed and his options are to have the indiana pouch neo bladder or ileal conduit what do you think are good options

13 years 2 months ago #36069 by hwg
mike thanks for the good advice we have already gotten closer and i have a positive attitude the more that i am understanding the more calm i have become thanks helene

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #36066 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic my husband has stage 3
Hwg,

In the overall scheme of things, it doesn't take all that long to get used to. Sure, there are pads and Depends and it's a pain in the butt for a while, but once he is past that stage it seems like a fairly short time. Honestly, it is frustrating and seems like a long time while one goes through it, but it's worth it long term.

It's always harder (emotionally) on the front end. Once you're in the middle of it, it's just a matter of dealing with it and keeping a positive attitude. After that, it's fairly easy. He'll be telling other people here about his experiences and helping them to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that some amount of fear on the front end is to be expected, and that it's all worth it in the end.

You have each other through all of this and many of our experiences have shown that couples get even closer through all of this. I know it did for my wife and me and I've read the same from others. When you face this together as a team, it just works.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 2 months ago #36064 by hwg
diesel doc
i agree with you,i have been getting a great deal of advice i know my husband has maybe thats why hes so calm i dont understand why he seems to not be as worried as i am but i am thinking positively and my husband has been explaining the options to me. i have been reading the responses he has gotten and i am just concerned that the bladder replacement takes so long to adjust to

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne