New to site. Let me introduce myself

15 years 6 months ago #21741 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic New to site. Let me introduce myself
Hi Sonj......talked to you a bit in the chat room.
I looked up your doctor at the Cleveland Clinic and he has a great background having been at Memorial Sloan in NYC and named one of the best doctors in the US in 2007 so i'd say you're in good hands.
my.clevelandclinic.org/staff_directory/7/staff_6758.aspx
I'm sure they have run CT scans and bone scans and all the preliminary tests and if he is scheduled for surgery on the 29th and no chemo was recommended it is a positive sign.
I was also muscle invasive ..at the time grading was different...but all tests showed me clean pre-op and all nodes removed at surgery were clean. One of the great things about this hospital and this doctor is that he does remove lots of nodes.
My surgery also done at The Cleveland Clinic 5 3/4 yrs ago....so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep the faith.
Wishing you the best........Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #21740 by sydelle
Replied by sydelle on topic New to site. Let me introduce myself
What you are feeling is SO appropriate, for you and many of us , who have been where you are, in the beginning. NEVER give up hope or believe why me? This is a wonderful support site, with excellent sources of information,, and compassionate souls. Do all the research you can, and do not be afraid of knowledge.

15 years 6 months ago #21739 by psee4me
New to site. Let me introduce myself was created by psee4me
My husband was recently diagnosed high grade, muscle invasive BC. He is scheduled for neobladder on the 29th. I have so many fears as I'm sure you've all been thru. We have two small children, ages 6 & 8. I use to stay at home with them and work parttime, but find myself working all the hours I can but still taking care of my wonderful husband & household. He had a TURB 1 week ago, and to look at him...he looks so healthy. We have been married 9 years and recently took in my mom into our home because she was going thru hard times. He is going to a Dr at the Cleveland Clinic and is really happy with him so far. Our friends & family have been so supportive, but at the same time...I find myself wanting to talk to people who understand what I'm going thru. I am so scared for him and for our babies! I believe in the power of prayer...that God gives us what we can handle... but I'm also angry for the situation that we are in. I'm not angry at any one person or situation, but at random things. Then the next emotion hits and he & I laugh and laugh at the goofiest things. Then I wake next to him and cry, just as I'm doing right now. When will this get better? Everyone says..."be positive!" I AM soooo positive, but I am also human. OK, I've rambled on...I can't wait to talk and make new friends...you can NEVER have too many of those:blush: Sonj

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne