New to site. Let me introduce myself

15 years 5 months ago #22228 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic New to site. Let me introduce myself
Yep they kicked me out the day i kept the soup down and the bowels were moving..(sorta).5 days total. Really by that time the pain was most manageable with Tylenol...still couldn't stand up straight and got tired very quickly....steps were a real challange....but time heals all....Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #22226 by psee4me
Replied by psee4me on topic New to site. Let me introduce myself
Patricia wrote:
Pat,
How can anyone miss Starbucks...you can't escape the FABULOUS smells:silly: :woohoo: :side: YUM YUM :P btw...they are hopeful to get rid of epidural today too. Who knows, maybe they'll discharge him soon???

15 years 5 months ago #22225 by psee4me
Hi Webs,
The kids are misssing him terribly. The 1st night after they saw him was rough but lastnight was a bit better. Forward progress...that's my new motto:silly: ~Sonj

15 years 5 months ago #22207 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic New to site. Let me introduce myself
Glad to hear things are going so well Sonj. Sounds like Hubby is well on his way toward recovery. I loved my epidural to by the way. How are the kids dealing with daddy being in the hospital? Mine handled it well but were glad to have me home. Hope things continue going well.

Webs

15 years 6 months ago #22195 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic New to site. Let me introduce myself
Thats great news so far Sonj....so they went the epidural route. I wish they would have done that with me. I got a faulty morphine pump!!..Oh well..i made it through natural childbirth so i knew it would get better!!:unsure:
Hope he continues gaining his strength and keeps down the jello!!
Have you found the Starbucks yet in the hospital and the little deli nearby which have the best chocolate chip cookies ever!!!...I wasn't allowed the cookies but i sure got my Venti Mocha everyday. And its a great place for you to grab a bite.
I wish you the best.......Pat

15 years 6 months ago #22191 by psee4me
Update~~Husband is 4 days post-op neobladder.
I do not know anyone else who has gone thru a neobladder (so I have nothing to judge his progress from) but I think my husband is doing outstanding:cheer: I am so proud of his progress! Lets see...from incision to close the RC lasted approx 8 hours. Dr feels optimistic but we are still awaiting pathology report. He still has JP drain (other JP drain was removed today:woohoo: ), Cecostomy drain, Foley cath, two drains from ureters that drain into stoma bag(don't know the name), and epidural. NG tube that they inserted on day 2 was removed today:woohoo: as his bowels are starting to "wake-up". He is walking like a champ and is even standing erect from time to time. Our kids visited today and he became energized in a way I hadn't seen in a long time:lol: I am so hopeful that the pathology will come back good. He ate a few bites of jello & applejuice today which is the 1st thing(other than ice-chips) in 6 days. Thank you for all your support. Sonj

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne