Extremely frustrated and hurt

15 years 9 months ago #19060 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Extremely frustrated and hurt
I am up for it, MARGAITA VILLE ON THE FORUM,,,wouldn't it be nice to get together in person. Julie we will be out your way soon, I will let you know when. Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19037 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Extremely frustrated and hurt
Sure Karen, lets have a pool party and consume Margaritas. We will invite all the caregivers to join us in a Margarita chat room. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 9 months ago #19031 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Extremely frustrated and hurt
Julie,

I want you to know that you are not alone in this caregiver mode...You are doing a fantastic job, and Dick is lucky to have you...and one last thing, can I have a Margarita too? LOL

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 9 months ago #19029 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Extremely frustrated and hurt
I am more mystified than ever. Dick seemed better yesterday and got lots of rest. This morning he was running a fever and couldn't tell me the time he last took his pain pills. I checked his blood sugar and that was fine. I can't give him anything for at least a couple of hours. He is sleeping now. He is on an antibiotic for his lungs so if he has a UTI probably nothing would show up but there is some sign of one.
If he doesn't wake up by noon I will wake him up and give him some Tylenol then if he is still running a low grade fever.

I wish I could adjust my sleep clock so I could be awake at night to monitor the situation but no matter when I go to bed I wake up around 7.

Ginger I wish we could go out together and have a drink. I think I will buy some margarita mix and have one here at home. We have been in your situation regarding appointment times. The last time I phoned before we left the house as we had different times in our appointment calendars.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 9 months ago #19014 by Gene Beane
Julie,

One other thing, he may have his days and nites mixed up too, he would sleep better in bed than the chair, I think he is depressed,,,and if you are overwjelmed you can call caregivers in the Tucson area for some breaks, I had them there for my dad, 4 hour watch, just to be sure there okay if you want to go out for awhile. We caregivers have a big job,,I think he wouldn't do it on purpose something else is causing it,, depression...maybe,,Ginger

15 years 9 months ago #19013 by Gene Beane
Julie,
I have been where you are, I know the hurt you feel. I wish I had an answer for you, maybe he doesn't feel real well. One Monday we had to go to the Cleveland Clinic, I argued with Gene it was one week later, he said no it was this monday. We left a little late , got stuck in rush hour 7;30 am. He panics, I called the nurse, she said it was next week, by now we were there,I cried all the way home, I was going to the appt about the shot, this was all for him so I was really upset, like at least you could be sure about the date when I am the one who pushed him to get the shot which gives you the sex option .
The point is, we do do do for them, a little consideration for us would be nice....be sure he is just not feeling really bad health wise, and maybe discouraged, I feel for you, if I were there we would go out and have something, whatever your pleasure, margarita, wine whatever..take care and I hope things get better, take a siesta, day of shopping, or not, whatever you like..don't let it consume you...Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne