Sharp-Shinned Hawk

16 years 5 months ago #10864 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic Sharp-Shinned Hawk
Joe, The only trouble I've had since the tumor was removed Sept of 2006 was a small red spot he found three months ago. I just had that checked again last week and it was gone so no other followup other than my next recheck in three months. The only unusual thing about my tumor was that it had an unusually thick stalk so removal caused a lot of scar tissue and the only complication from that was a lot of pain and bladder spasms for two weeks after it was removed. It sounds like you have had a lot of tests to make sure it isn't invasive. The only test I had before my surgery was the cystoscopy so I didn't know anything before hand. My doctor is really good and has taken good care of this. What city are you in? I live in a small town in Indiana and travel to Indianapolis to go to this doctor. Please be sure to let me know how you get along and if I can help you out with anything else just post.
thanks for the compliment on the pictures. It is a passion of mine.
Thanks, Elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10861 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Sharp-Shinned Hawk
Hi I was just dx this past Wednesday and I noticed you are the same age as I and from what my urologist told me I too have a 5 cm tumor. He indicated that he is 95% certain it is superficial based on the physical exam, as well as the cat scan. I just hope it is non invasive and also hope that when he said superficial he meant supervicial and was not invading. Won't know for sure until MRI done and TUR done this coming Friday.

How have your follow ups been?

Picture are great.

Thanks Joe

16 years 5 months ago #10587 by rugrat1956

the cooper's hawk was here this afternoon. He chased a small bird into the window and captured it after it was stunned from hitting the glass. My daughter was here and saw the hawk sitting just below the window. This was the only good picture I got of it as it stood on the ground. The black stripe is a shepards hook that one of the feeders is hung from.

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 5 months ago #10586 by rugrat1956
Thanks, Rosemary, the background is achieved by extending the telephoto lens as far out as it goes and focusing on the subject. I have a 300mm lens and stand quite a distance from the birds to get it. the yellows and greens are the turning leaves in the background. elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 5 months ago #10585 by rugrat1956

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 5 months ago #10584 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Sharp-Shinned Hawk
Gosh He's cute, Elaine. I like the muted background, too. You are amazing.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne