Sharp-Shinned Hawk

16 years 6 months ago #10429 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Sharp-Shinned Hawk
Elaine instead of using attachments that is clicking opitions at the bottom of post for you photos just use the URL of the photo that is img http://url /img and put a bracket in front and behind eack img url /img no spaces in post when you do I spread it out so you could see.

So if you right click on this photo then click properties it will bring up the URL then just highlight the location and copy it and then paste in the post with img's and brackets get my drift?
http://blcforum.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1360.0;attach=148;image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #10420 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic Sharp-Shinned Hawk
well, I'm an idiot again... ??? my cousin the ornithologist said this picture is a juvenile coopers hawk.. not a sharp shinned. I have pictures of the sharp shinned and will try to put them on later. Both hawks are almost identical when they are young. The only differences are in the size of thier heads, the thickness of thier legs and the coopers is larger than the sharp shinned. I guess I had better consult with my cousin before I take a stab at trying to identify a young bird that isn't in full adult plummage! Sorry about that... :-X elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 6 months ago #9936 by rugrat1956
Also,,, when I came home from voting this morning I saw the hawk flying low just above the tree tops about two blocks over. Of Course I didn't have my camera and Chris wouldn't have stopped anyway because he had to get back to work! But that was quite a sight watching him fly. When I see him here through my windows he shows up between the trees and swoops by. If he catches a bird he flies off to eat it. If he misses he will hang around long enough that I can get a few pictures of him. He is such a beautiful bird! Thanks, elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 6 months ago #9935 by rugrat1956
I just proofed my post... That is supposed to be a "Sharp Shinned Juvenile Hawk"...duh!! :-[ Hey, just goes to show you that I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree!! :-X Elaine ;D ;D ;D

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 6 months ago #9895 by rugrat1956
Clara, I'm so glad you are enjoying the pics. The daily series is just something to keep my mind off my troubles. :-[ Good therapy and it is kind of like being able to take people along with me on my walks in the yard. :) It is getting colder now so I will have to go back to taking pics through the windows. The ones I just sent this morning were through the windows. Thanks again and keep in touch. Elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 6 months ago #9870 by rugrat1956
Max, I don't know how to upload photos to the profile page, either! when I put photos on the posts I click on "additional options" below the message box on the bottom left. Sorry I can't help you out. Computers are pretty much a mistery to me too! Take care, elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne