Smoking, more prevelant in which states??

16 years 1 month ago #15787 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Smoking, more prevelant in which states??
how old am I?...i remember when gasoline was l5Cents a gallon............ :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #15784 by Gene Beane
Smoking, more prevelant in which states?? was created by Gene Beane
I find it interesting as we have traveled to the west from Ohio that the economy
and the standard of living has alot to do with the percentages. The automotive industry has taken a big hit here in Ohio, I'll bet we are high in the numbers of smokers. Certain areas here are depressed, low income is prevelant, the job industry is industrial for the most part. While in Arizona last visit I had a hard time finding groups of smokers whether around the pool or dinner or in Sedona which has a big ban on anything thats not envoirmentally safe...we have less sun here in the winter, easy to motivate when you have sunny days, stress issues for the job seekers keeps many people in the habit, whether I am wrong or I am right, where you live defineately plays a part into why people choose to do what the do!!!!! Interesting enough the smokers of Cleveland paid for Jacobs Field Baseball stadium, and the Browns new stadium,,,and they have removed any smoking areas from both...so if you are a smoker here you have bought alot of real estate. Ironic isn't it!
I am not a smoker, but was years ago, Gene is 67 and remembers when they were.25 a pack....as we have come full circle on the smoking issue those who are trying to quit I am glad for you, and for those who are still trying, good luck!! Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne