Smoking, more prevelant in which states??

16 years 1 month ago #15793 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Smoking, more prevelant in which states??
Karen,

WOW,, here in Cleveland the ban is for all restaurants bars etc. You can be sure it affected the flats, the local bar seen downtown as well as the ones around the baseball stadium and the browns stadium. Somehow they have all survived but I bet they have some occurrences.. If you smoke you won't be hired by the Cleveland Clinic, discimination I say is all over that one...I was in Detroit this week, ssmoking is allowed all over there.. but I still see less of it still going on. You will conquer it when you are ready, its your choice afterall. each state has there own set of rules, but I still save your envoirnment plays a big part in whether you
use alchol or smoking to get thru your daily routine..if you drive past a Ford complex you see all the hourly workers lined up on a bench puffing away, then the local bars are filled with the ones who want to stop for a beer or 12. So there ya go!!!! I AM NOT CONDEMING IT, JUST SAYING HOW PREVELANT IT IS HERE IN AUTOMOTIVE COUNTRY..
3 YEARS AGO AT THE HOSPICE CENTER MY DAD DIED IN i HAD A WEAK MOMENT, MANY WEAK MOMENTS I quit a long time ago but had a few that 5 five days, a lady who's mother was dieing of lung disease came outside and said to me you should go look at my mom, and you would put down that cigarette, I said well if you want to look at my dad he quit many years ago and its not saving him now, he got every complication you can get after open heart surgery and hes is dieing as well because of a staff infection he got in the hospital. But thanks for the advice!!! Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #15792 by tate
Momof4 and all, I to am in NC, andI have a friend that works in one of our clinics that suffers with b/c. She told me that one of the drug reps told her that the BCG is sold to NC more then any other states.

16 years 1 month ago #15791 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Smoking, more prevelant in which states??
I think that smoking must be very prevalent here in NC. The Carolina's are home to many of the tobacco Giants. You can still smoke everywhere. Restaurants etc...At Wake Forest Baptist Hospital R J Reynolds was a huge contributor via the Bowman Gray Fund. Ironic (or maybe guilt) that one of the largest Tobacco Companies was an underwriter for one of the biggest Hospitals/Cancer Centers in the area. There are statues and plaques all over the hospital honoring R J Reynolds! I am still a smoker (I can here the boos and groans so don't email or post anything, I know the risks and I am living and caring for on a daily basis someone who knows first hand what the effects of smoking are I will quit, but now is not the time, I never smoke inside , and my children don't even know) Anyway, I think that smokers are everywhere, but it is coming less and less acceptable everywhere as well.

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 1 month ago #15790 by Gene Beane
Yes Joe , I agree, Hollywood is full of, well, Britney Spears people, drugs drugs drugs,,,money money money, and the little guy, maybe the trucker just wants to feed his family and have a pack of smokes..it isn't quite fair,,,my thing about standard of living is about the ones on welfare,,not the average low income, but thats a whole different story..I wasn't implying that the more you make makes a better person, just that the economy has alot to do with it..being in Marketing I find peoples attitudes here not so happy in the winter months, as opposed to the west and south where the sun gives you energy and maybe a smile on your face...we tend to have crabby people here in the winter....Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #15789 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Smoking, more prevelant in which states??
I remember .35 a pack and .29 a gallon and in the 70's that even-odd # on your license plate on days to get gas. The tankers were lined up out in the Delaware Bay to get in and they wouldn't them in a bunch of BS. And vices people have it is more the person then where they live look at all the filthy rich loonies in Hollywood abusing themselves lol. Joe ;)

16 years 1 month ago #15788 by Gene Beane
Yes and gas is what now,,,, well they are making fools of us on the gas issue, Gene says stop sending food to other countries and have the truckers stay home and bunker down for one week and give them there own medicine...while driving to Detroit this week we were surrounded by trucks caring produce and whatever, what it must be costing them to tranport and then us paying the fee at the store, it all sucks,,,and the truckers may be smoking,, and why not,there stress has to be unimagineable, high stress job for sure!!!I feel for this guys in the trucking business, they are a powerful bunch,!Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne