non invasive transitional carcinoma

11 years 9 months ago #42454 by daystar
Replied by daystar on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
in may 2011 they found I had a kidney blockage after cat scan they did a cyscopy told me i had bladder cancer my kidney also needed to come out it was bad because the blockage damaged it, so into hospitol i go, in the surgery they accidently cut my artery and vessel, after 8 days intensive care i went to room and there 3 weeks i had to go thru all sorts of rehab and they told nme i was cancer free they got it all, but in sept. i went for ccheck up and was told after the other thing they ddo i had cacerous tumors thhey removed and I took 6 of the treatments then another one of the things they took out several more tumors i am now on my 5th treatment on my second round, they called it non invasive transitional carcinoma please excuse my wreiting i shake so bad i have a hard time doing about anything

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #42453 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
Welcome to the site! Hope we can help answer your questions.

Mark gave you an excellent reference for an overview.
Just to summarize, transitional cells are the cells that line the bladder, and the most common place for bladder cancer to form. The other types, squamous cell and adenocarcinoma, are quite rare.

Can you tell us what your diagnosis is? What treatments have you received? Sometimes the treatments can lead to fatigue.

There are many people who have "been there, done that" on this Forum and who can give you the benefit of their experiences.

Best of luck to you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

11 years 9 months ago #42452 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
DayStar,

Here is a link to a site that will explain it more clearly than I can.

The types are listed just below the big picture of the lower torso.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0032729/

Hope that helps. And feel free to ask any questions you need to. We will do are best to try and help you out.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

11 years 9 months ago #42451 by daystar
non invasive transitional carcinoma was created by daystar
Please tell me what is difference in transitional and (I forgot the name of the other one ) I been in this battle for over a year getting so tired.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne