non invasive transitional carcinoma

11 years 8 months ago #42475 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
Hi and Welcome!
Congrats on the non-invasive. BCG effects everyone differently. Some can only do one or two treatments because their side effects are so severe, others can go all the way to 30!
It sounds like you had a horrible start plus the scare of being told of cancer, I think you are doing well.
As I am sure you have been told and have read on this forum, a second opinion is always a good idea. My Uro encouraged me to get a second opinion.
It is always good to know that everything has been gone over with different eyes and educated opinions.
We know how you feel, we have all been there.
Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #42469 by daystar
Replied by daystar on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
Thank you darling I am so happy to find you ALL also, I can't tell you how much better I feel, for instance I was being told side effects from these treatments are very minor so I was beginning to think I was cookoo.LOL God bless you all, I go for my final treatment Monday/.Then wait !!!!! :silly:

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #42465 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
You do not sound whiny at all. You are helping yourself by looking for information to better understand your diagnosis. And we inquired about your situation so you certainly didn't whine about anything.

But with what you went through at the hospital, I think you've earned a little whining time. :) I'm glad you found our forum!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 8 months ago #42463 by daystar
Replied by daystar on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
I am so sorry I did not mean to sound whinny I thank God for where I am so many people much worse, and thank you all for your comments. ;)

11 years 8 months ago #42462 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
Hello daystar... I'm so sorry you have gone through such difficult surgeries and recovery. Transitional cell carcinoma does have a fairly high rate of recurrence for some people and I hope your treatments will help prevent the tumors from coming back again. On the positive side, (and I know it's hard to think positively right now) your diagnosis is non-invasive.

I do hope you continue to improve and feel better very soon! Please ask any other questions you might have and we will try to provide whatever information we can to help you.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #42455 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic non invasive transitional carcinoma
You may also want to look here: www.cap.org/apps/docs/reference/myBiopsy/transitional_cell_carcinoma.html

What a time you have had! That's a lot of bad things. Hope you have different doctors now.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne