Weirdness since two TURBTs

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #34608 by Kimberly
Weirdness since two TURBTs was created by Kimberly
Hi everyone--
I'm currently waiting on results from 2nd opinion for pathology slides (they're at JHU). My follow-up visit with my uro is on Thursday, but I wanted to throw this out to the group and see if anyone else ever experienced anything like this:

Background: My TURBTs were 8/24 and 10/5. Each time, they did an instillation of mitomycin.

Weirdness #1: My body temperature seems to fluctuate -- I'm either too warm or too cold. It comes and goes without warning.

Weirdness #2: I can't sleep soundly through the night anymore. I've had a few bouts of insomnia in the past--never to the point of being a problem, but it seems like since the first TURBT, my sleep is frequently disrupted. Before the surgeries, I would usually wake up once during the night to pee, and could usually fall back asleep without any problem. Not anymore. It doesn't seem related to caffeine intake or abnormal stress or anxiety levels. It may have something to do with weirdness #1, in that I'll wake up feeling overheated or looking for more blankets. It's driving me crazy because I used to be such a good sleeper.

Weirdness #3: This one may be more of ironic timing than anything else, but I haven't had a real menstrual period since about three weeks before my first TURBT. I had some spotting about three weeks after, but it wasn't like a real period. Since then, nada. I'll be 50 in a little over a month, so maybe my time has come??

I figured I'll ask the uro about this on Thursday, but I expect he'll look at me like I'm nuts. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne