Pathology report -- signs of CIS

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #34311 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Pathology report -- signs of CIS
Sorry about forgetting this was the 2nd TURB already. I went back and checked your older posts. (I get busy at work and get brain dead sometime). :)

Well, it makes the question about BCG moot now. I think it is pretty much a given. Did you finish that consulting job already? I thought you were hoping for a big gap in time to do the consulting job.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #34310 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Pathology report -- signs of CIS
Kimberly,

OF COURSE it's ok if you cry awhile!

CIS is MOST susceptible to BCG. More so than any of the other kinds of bladder cancer according to Dr. Lamm.

You might want to read up on BCG here and at Dr. Lamm's site: Dr Lamm

The maintenance dosing is important and it makes a huge difference as you will see when you read the statistics and studies.

The treatment is just once a week. Depending on how it affects you, it could be that you are just fine the next day. Ask your uro about starting with reduced dose. According to Dr Lamm, the dose can be significantly reduced right from the start without reduced efficacy.

Typically, the reaction to BCG can get stronger over time. Some people fail BCG just because they start off with too high of a dose.

Many folks on the site here have had BCG for years and are doing great without recurrence or progression.

Was this your second TURB? If not, you are going to need a 2nd. If not at a major bladder cancer center, you should also get a 2nd opinion from one. Send the slides and the reports. It's important that they got good margins ALL THE WAY AROUND the tumor.

Crying is good for you. Great emotional release. If you're not diabetic, having some chocolate about an hour or so after crying is also quite therapeutic. :D

We're here for you!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 6 months ago #34307 by Kimberly
Pathology report -- signs of CIS was created by Kimberly
My uro just called with the results from the path report. It appears that there is some CIS. He is recommending BCG, both a 6 week course and a maintenance course. Because of the size of the original tumor, he recommends waiting 8 weeks until we start the BGC. Merry Christmas to me. Is it okay if I cry for awhile?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne