Cystocscopy time, again

14 years 1 week ago #31382 by mollyspal
Replied by mollyspal on topic Cystocscopy time, again
I finished my first round of BCG treatments last week of March, I had a CT scan today and am scheduled for cystoscope on May 12 before starting BCG again end of June. I am holding my breath that the CT scan and cystoscope come out OK. I did pretty well with the first round of BCG treatments, at the end I started having a lot of joint pain in my hands. My Uro said if it lingered she could reduce the dose for the second round. I am worried about the outcome of the scan and scope though.

Turbt Dec 2009
BCG every 3 months since Feb 2010

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #31381 by sara.anne
Cystocscopy time, again was created by sara.anne
Had my 3 mo. checkup this morning.
Well, things looked pretty good.....but (there always is a but, isn't there?) he found another spot that looks like irritation from the BCG treatments, but he is going to do a quick biopsy on the 23rd in the office (not the kind at the
hospital under general) just to be sure. If it is OK, we wait 6 weeks for me to heal and then....DUM DUM DA DUM...try BCG again. Well, it could be a lot worse.

This happened also about 6 months ago....in a different location. It came out on biopsy to be a cystitis-irritation and he feels that this is the same, but, just to be on the safe side we are checking it out.

Everything is going well and my checkups are always OK ...BUT
last night I just couldn't sleep and kept planning what I was going to do when (when,not if) the results were bad. Even though I KNOW better, my mind keeps doing this to me.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne