Update

14 years 11 months ago #26044 by britt
Replied by britt on topic Update
Now Im getting worried. The uro is cutting steps and changing the game plan mid huddle. Now I dont need ny clearance. They are only using a local. According to the nurse that just means the numbing gel with no IV sedation. He is using a ridgid scope and you folks had warned me to run if they tried to do that without some sedation. Last time I had the cysto done there by a different Dr. Due to a prostate blackage they had to give me a general-the flexible scope VA used wouldnt go thru. I awoke a couple hours later because he found the tumor and did a TURB.
What do the Guys think of my odds of success with no trauama on ridgid scope with just a numbing gel due to my proir history? There is the fact that he was able to dialte the opening enough to do the previous procedure and also put a huge irriagating cath in me for 3 days(which caused major agaony due to spasms-it was 3 days of hell!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #26038 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Update
Britt,

The threads wind up locked after they get really long. When they are really long, they are too hard for people to follow so Cynthia locks them.

Usually, by that time, they have meandered a bit from the topic.

Since this is a NEW adventure for you (albiet a familiar one in your ongoing saga of VA care) it does make sense for each new adventure to be a separate "chapter" as it were.

Best of Luck! One day I am hoping to login and see that you've actually had some sort of treatment and have an update on some medical treatment of some sort that was actually done for your bladder cancer.

I'm sure nobody wishes that more than you, but I'm sure others are waiting to see the same thing. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 11 months ago #26029 by britt
Update was created by britt
After being told by the new uro on thurs that i would be on hold until he recieved clearance from the VA I got a call at 8am today. The receptionist informed me I was scheduled for my cysto on the 6th! I wond have my stress test untill after the 11th as well as the blood work and EKG also on the 8th! I told he my status and was informed that since Kettering hospital was prviding the surgery and support staff it was up to them to down check me so I had to go in the 8th! Its so hard on me with my other issues. A trip like that lays me up for a day to recup.
I apprised my VA nurse and she was quite upset about it and promised to get to the bottom of it. Also the game plan is to use IV sedation. I may not need surgical clearance at that leve; as I didnt on y 2 endos.
If they find it has regrown will they do the TURB under versed or will they have to put me out.
Sorry for the new thread, Ive had a habit of them getting locked when they get involved and this is important to me
Thanks all
Resident pest,
britt

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne