Update

14 years 10 months ago #26088 by britt
Replied by britt on topic Update
One day this will all be over and Ill look back in relief! I had many problems getting my first cysto done. It was imparitive to me to avoid the same pitfall this time and have it all fall apart at the last minutes again. I will say the lats go was a nightmare. I had no clue that I had a cancer. When I awoke and was told not only that they found one, removed it and were keeping me for at least 3 days it was a real shock! Then the problems of being refused my pain meds and bieng in agony form the procedure as well as chronic pain, it was excerburated by racking bladder spasms that made me scream out. They were so bad I would stand up and force to try and void my bladder. It seemed to help. But It happened about once an hour like clockwork. I thought it was from the TURB. Consecquentaly I found out it was caused by the cath pushing against the bladder wall. I couldnt believe thhe relief when they took that monster out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #26082 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Update
Sounds like some progress. Step by step. Hope it FINALLY works out for you.
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 10 months ago #26081 by britt
After major hassles convincing the nurse at the uro that I needed more tha numbing gel for the fixed cystoscope they finally listened. Thet were trying to force me to go in the 8th and try it with only the liquid lidocaine put in me before the RIDGID cystoscopy! I now got them to wait till my cardio clearance goest thru and I have approval fom my dr. On the 8th Ill do my fasting BW(CBC and platelet along with the normal tests. On the 11th I have a thalium stress test and will do the chest XRAY. By the 15th Ill have all the results and they can safely procede~!

14 years 10 months ago #26065 by britt
After enough fussing I got a call from the nurse at the uro again. Now my cysto is cancelled untill I have cardio clearance. According to hr I had demandethat they use no sedation to eliminat clearance requirements! All along he said he wanted to knock me out!

14 years 10 months ago #26047 by britt
Mike the worry is that I dont know what I can handle. Even with the the more "friendly" flexible scope, I will never forget the feeling of when it hit the stricture. It was like my soul was being sucked out from the inside.
I cringe verey time I think of it!

14 years 10 months ago #26046 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Update
With your list of medications, I don't know if they can give you something for the spasms. Hopefully, they can.

With as long as you have waited, if it were me, I would go ahead because I would want SOMEBODY to have a look-see since it's been so long.

You know more than I do what you can handle.

Good luck!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne