SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK

16 years 3 weeks ago #15153 by gina
Replied by gina on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
sol...may i ask "why" you've the need to "skip" a dose?...i have to tell you...in addition to what i've already posted...my uro told me "ideally" we want to do all treatments on time as scheduled...BUT, that it's not uncommon for some to have to "break" as you described...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #15146 by Sol
Replied by Sol on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
Tim, Gina,

Thanks for your response. I hope you are all correct and this wouldn't effect the outcome of my BCG treatments.

Sincerely,
Sol,

16 years 3 weeks ago #15107 by gina
Replied by gina on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
hi sol!
i'm definately NO expert...i'm only starting out myself...on my second bcg treatment...my doctor told me that it's common for some to skip a week during treatment...i guess sometimes symptoms may get a bit overwhelming...hope that's not the case with you!! take care and try not to worry too much...if your uro is comfortable with it...do your best to feel the same...take care..gina

16 years 3 weeks ago #15099 by timb
Replied by timb on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
Im no expert but since there's so much controversy over the correct dosage, regimen etc for taking BCG I'd find it hard to imagine that it would make much difference. I think I skipped a week when I was doing it. There's evidence out there to suggest that single doses can be as effective as courses. If it was me I'd probably skip it but I think it's pretty normal to worry. You've been prescribed a course and you naturally understand that to be for a good reason but the truth is that no one really knows for certain what doses work best and different doctors have their favourites. Hope you feel ok with this.

tim

16 years 3 weeks ago #15095 by Sol
SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK was created by Sol
Hello Everybody,

If I need to push off for a week 1 or 2 BCG treatments during my six week treatment cycle, will that make my BCG treatment ineffective?

i personaly dont think that taking the 3rd or 4th dose of BCG 2 weeks apart instead of 1 week will do anything to make the treatment ineffective. i would appreciate if anyone has any information or possible experience issue to help me calm my nerves.....

Sincerely,
Sol,

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne