SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK

16 years 3 weeks ago #15249 by Sol
Replied by Sol on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
Gina,

Reason for skipping is personal and not because I had any complications.

Sincerely,
Sol,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #15195 by cas
Replied by cas on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
hi,

my dad just finished his course of bcg about three weeks ago. he had to skip one week because the refrigerator at the md's office lost power overnight and all the meds were ruinied. i'm not sure if just the power went out or the refrigerator broke but my dad had to skip one week of bcg for this reason. the md's office said it was not a problem to skip one week, they sometimes had people skip due to illness. my dad had a cysto and biopsy last week and all was clear, they could not find anything. hope this helps.

claudia

16 years 3 weeks ago #15172 by timb
Replied by timb on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
hi rosemary!

16 years 3 weeks ago #15168 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
When I asked a local Uro "Why is it important to stay on schedule with BCG treatments?" ...His answer was, "Because that's the way the research was conducted."

Since, as with most questions with Bladder Cancer, no one seems to be able to give us a definitive answer, I don't think I would worry about it too much. Just stay on schedule as much as is possible with subsequent treatments, and take good care of yourself in every other way that you can.

Best regards,
Rosemary

Hi, Tim!!

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 3 weeks ago #15164 by timb
Replied by timb on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
Sol
I don't know if I'm correct or not. It's just my opinion based on my own findings when undergoing BCG. If you do miss a week then do it feeling it's the right thing to do. Otherwise if the BCG does fail you'll blame yourself for delaying it. I guess it also depends on your reasons for delaying it as indicated above.

tim

16 years 3 weeks ago #15160 by Gordo
Replied by Gordo on topic SKIPPING BCG FOR A WEEK
Hi Sol, I found myself asking the very same question during my initial 6 wk treatment for T1G3 BC, and found that skipping a treatment was no big deal to my oncologist. If memory serves me well, I believe Dr. Lamm addressed this question on his website and that as far as I can recall, it didn't seem to be a problem. During my maintenance round of treatments, also scheduled for 6 weeks, not only did I have 3 treatment postponements, but the last 3 treatments ended up being 1/2 doses as well because I had some significant reactions to the BCG.

Sol, I have had two cysto's now (Dec 18/07 & Apr. 1/08)and am very happy to report that both times I've been BC free. My personal experience suggests that taking oncovite + green tea + pomegranate juice, and lots of H20 sure didn't hurt. I don't know if my experience will work for you since we are all different. I wish you well with the treatments and hope your oncologist explains the various aspects of your treatment regime to you.

Take care, ;)

Gordo

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne