Update

13 years 10 months ago #32746 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Update
So very sorry to hear this Anne. We had all been hoping for a very different outcome and it is heartbreaking when things turn this direction.

Thanks for all you've been doing here over the past few years. You have helped a lot of people.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #32745 by SandyMc
Replied by SandyMc on topic Update
Oh, Anne.......this is absolutely the last news I wanted to read! I was so in hopes they would find a way to make chemotherapy a tool to fight this. You are such a lovely lady with so much to live for and so much life left to live!

Please know I think of you and pray for you everyday.
Sandy

13 years 10 months ago #32744 by Betsy Mae
Update was created by Betsy Mae
This is not an easy post for me to make but as you have all been so supportive here over the past years I wanted to let you all know what has been going on.
I was due to start chemotherapy on 9th June to try and halt the spread of my secondary cancer. Unfortunately I ended up in acute renal failure and had nephrostomy tubes inserted in each kidney. We then found out that my haemoglobin was very low as were my blood platelets. Many transfusions of each have followed with varying success. I am being offered an oral chemotherapy which should try and slow the rate of disease down from tomorrow but....?
A bone marrow biopsy has shown that the cancer is now in my bone marrow so there is little hope. I have been given a few weeks to live without treatment as my platelets are so low.
Sorry to be so direct but this is the best way for me to deal with things.
If I do not manage to post much please forgive me. I am trying to keep in touch with my good friend Webs so maybe she will update you all.
Betsy Mae (Anne)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne