Sorry have been so quiet

14 years 9 months ago #26790 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Sorry have been so quiet
Lisaloo,

Thank you for updating us. When we don't hear anything, some of us tend to think the worst but it sounds like you are holding your own. I'm so pleased to hear you have the support you need. I pray the pain can be kept under control so you can enjoy all the time you have avilable with family and friends. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, I know that isn't always so easy to do. Prayers & hugs coming your way, Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #26785 by SandyMc
Replied by SandyMc on topic Sorry have been so quiet
Dear Lisa,

I worry for you every day and am so thankful you have finally posted. You were delt such an ugly hand with all of this and I so wish I could do something more for you than just pray for every day to be a good day. Love those girls of yours and be sure and take the time you need for yourself. I am thrilled to hear you have a wonderful support system in place.

Take good care!
Sandy

14 years 9 months ago #26783 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Sorry have been so quiet
So nice to get an update from you- sorry to hear about the spine mets though. I hope they can keep on top the pain for you- that's where Bob's worst pain was.Best wishes- Lorrie

14 years 9 months ago #26780 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic Sorry have been so quiet
So good to hear from you! I'm sorry i have not been around that much these days - being back at work kind of eats into your time!

Anne
xxxx

14 years 9 months ago #26778 by lisaloo
Sorry have been so quiet was created by lisaloo
Hi Sorry
Melodies post made me realise I was being selfish to all those who have given me so much support.
So heres a quick update.I am ok I think every time I see my doctors they are amazed at how Ok.I have mets in my spine and lungs which are a real nuisance .Usually pain relief sorts the spinal problem and it has effected my mobility.However I can manage around home but do need to use a wheel chair when out and about some days are worse than others though .The lung mets are a pain too I get fluid build up which has to be drained every few weeks but it could be much worse.Basically I have been pretty stable for the last two months things seemed to progress quickly but have now stablised.
I get loads of help at home and have a macmillan nurse every other day.For the last week or so I have had a carer that stays overnight which is a real help.The girls still live with me in the week and their father is very supportive if I am having a bad day he will pick them up and has stayed here too.
Basically though things are pretty good your prayers must be working last time I saw my doctor he said he was surprised I had made Easter but could see me making Christmas .I fully intend to !!!
Lisa x

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne