It never ends...

14 years 10 months ago #26449 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic It never ends...
The last surgeon I took him to was Dr. Robert Weiss at Robert Wood Medical Center in NJ. My father is very weak and it is difficult to even get him to local appointments. It worries me that they are excited about this option because I know from what I have read about, that it is a difficult recovery. I guess I am trying to weigh the benefits here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #26448 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic It never ends...
Mel i'm sorry but i need to look back and see where your father is being treated. Are you at a large cancer institution? I'd certainly get a second opinion on that. The surgery is huge and painful and much adjustment.
Pat
ok i found it..New Jersey and you already told me Dr. Sawczuk would not take workers comp cases. Do you have any other insurance?
Can you get a second opinion from Memorial Sloan...maybe talk to a patient rep there and see what they could do?
So sorry MEl.........Pat
\\

14 years 10 months ago #26447 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic It never ends...
No we have not looked into hospice yet. I am a bit stunned now actually, my mother just called and said the urologist is now recommending that the bladder be removed. I thought this was no longer an option since it had already spread to the bones???? Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. The dr. basically said that this will keep happening (urinating and losing blood) if the bladder is not removed....any thoughts???

14 years 10 months ago #26444 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic It never ends...
I'm so sorry that your father (your mother & all the family as well)is going through all this- I agree, it's no way to live. Bob shuffles between the recliner & the bed now- horrible to watch. We have someone coming from Hospice this morning- I hope they have some suggestions- have you done any research on Hospice for your dad?
My best to you all
Lorrie

14 years 10 months ago #26443 by Mel09
It never ends... was created by Mel09
My father had a turb less than 2 weeks ago and is peeing blood again. My mother thinks it could be the stent moving around and causing damage and at this point they want the neph. tube put back in. He is very weak and will likely have another transfusion. Last night they were back to the ER at 7 and he was FINALLY admitted at 4 am. My mother is exhausted and he is miserable. This is a horrible way for anyone to live.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne