The cancer is back

15 years 9 months ago #19805 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic The cancer is back
Thanks, Margot. It's been a pretty dismal time. Alimta is a chemo, and we don't know a lot about it.....didn't even know what questions to ask, tho we are learning.

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19789 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic The cancer is back
Hi Stephany - I am so sorry and hope you know you and Doran have been in my thoughts and prayers since you emailed me. I am glad that Doran's doctor is thorough. Alimta? Is that a chemo treatment? I haven't heard of that. I will email you. Take care. Love and prayers, Long distance hugs too. Margot

15 years 9 months ago #19704 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic The cancer is back
Dear Stephany,

I am sorry to read of this update regarding Doran's health.

Thinking of you all...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 9 months ago #19699 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic The cancer is back
What terrible news.I don't know if I can help you understand what is happening or why you feel this way. Please remember that you are in our thoughts & prayers. When we got the news about Bob's BC spreading to his lungs, it was an awful blow (we had been assured that this would not happen & we believed it at the time). Then we got the news that it was inoperable- another blow. He has been receiving Chemo when his counts are high enough. Tomorrow we get the results of some x-rays. I'm expecting yet another blow. His cough is worse, he is very fatigued, he looks 'ill'. He is still fighting it, trying to get things done but the stamina isn't there. Myself, I'm just coasting along- shedding a lot of tears. Im 'isolating' so I know I'm in trouble (told my sisters to give me space)- cancelled a long standing appt. with a urologist for myself as the operation I need requires a 3 mos. recovery time. Well, I can't afford that so it will have to wait until this is all over ( they will probably tell me I'm too old then). OK, gotta go now, I'm starting to ramble again- I got off topic Stephany- sorry, but I think what I was trying to say was that it's a horrible journey & let's try & help each other stay somewhat sane.Julie is right in her observations- a way of taking away hope.Best Regards, Lorrie

15 years 9 months ago #19688 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic The cancer is back
There has been a lot of really rotten news on the forum recently. I am wondering whether to get CTs 3 months post op or forget it until later, like next year! Seriously, I have read a lot of encouraging mets cases in here wherein folks live on and on after chemo or successive chemo and radiation. It's hard to be able to get a clear view of all this, the posts aren't indexed (no criticism, who would have time for that?). But, maybe some chemo stalwarts could come forward and post their experiences and longevity again for those of us that are scared shitless about the future. :side:

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

15 years 9 months ago #19686 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic The cancer is back
Stephany, When I read your words I thought what a punch in the gut. I then saw Karen describe that is how she reacted when she learned that Angelo's BC had metastasized. That is how I felt when we learned for sure that Dick's lung nodule was bladder cancer and then again when it was the pleural lesion gone nto the ribs.
I only have speculation as to why it is harder than to hear the original news of Bladder cancer but here goes. I think it is a way of taking away hope. That we realize again and again that there is no up in this journey just temporary reprieves. All I can say is I'm here and available if you need to talk.

Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne