1st day of chemo...

15 years 10 months ago #18507 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic 1st day of chemo...
What drug was he prescribed for his anxiety? Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #18506 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic 1st day of chemo...
Karen,

He has been prescribed and anti-anxiety but he came home tonight and is being VERY nasty! I am a licensed counselor and I realize that this is just his depression expressing itself outwardly, but being on this end of it is very different. I am hoping that this will pass.

Thanks again!

Melissa

15 years 10 months ago #18503 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic 1st day of chemo...
Melissa,

My husband said the hardest part of the first chemo is knowing that poison is going through your body, and it is the first realization that "I have Cancer, and I may die from it"...another aspect is seeing others also receiving chemo who look pretty bad...they understand that may be them at some point...It is HARD!!!Especially when you are metastatic...See if his Dr will Rx an anti-anxiety pill such as Xanax that he can take before he leaves the house for his next treatment...it will aleviate some of the anxiety...

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 10 months ago #18500 by Mel09
1st day of chemo... was created by Mel09
Today was my father's first experience with chemo. He was there all day, from 9-5 and is now on his way home. My mother says he looks tired and beat up and she is very worried because of how snappy he is being. I know that this is a natural reaction because he is upset and angry right now.

They were told that he would probably be very tired all weekend. If anyone would be willing to share their initial experiences with chemo, I would really appreciate it. We are in uncharted waters right now and have no idea what to expect.

Bless you all and thank you for your feedback and support.

Melissa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne