1st day of chemo...

15 years 9 months ago #18522 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic 1st day of chemo...
I remember my first day of chemo, it provokes a mixture of emotions and I am sure for many, fear of the unknown, the realization that you have cancer and need the treatments. I was very angry on my firt day of chemo. I worried about potential side effects. I had high dose chemo, it will get easier for your Dad.
Best wishes
Maria x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #18521 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic 1st day of chemo...
I remember my first day of chemo, it provokes a mixture of emotions and I am sure for many, fear of the unknown, the realization that you have cancer and need the treatments. I was very angry on my first day of chemo. I worried about potential side effects. I had high dose chemo, it will get easier for your Dad.
Best wishes
Maria x

15 years 9 months ago #18518 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic 1st day of chemo...
Melisa,
What a beautiful family you have. His reactions seem to follow the what most experience. Everyone reacts differently, thats no help at all I know.
I am sure Karen and others will jump in and tell you what to expect. As you said, it would be nice to know what could come up in the issues of side effects. Take care and watch for others to chime in....Ginger

15 years 9 months ago #18513 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic 1st day of chemo...
I will DEFINITELY keep you posted on him! Miracles do happen!

15 years 9 months ago #18512 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic 1st day of chemo...
Wow Mel...I want to talk to that guy too!

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 9 months ago #18508 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic 1st day of chemo...
Not sure, I will have to ask my mother....she has the meds. On a note of encouragement to everyone, my father's oncologist passed his name onto another patient who has stage IV blc with met. to the bone (just like him) and he is going on 4 years! He is on the phone with him now and I will share what I learn with all of you.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne