Our next round....

15 years 10 months ago #18297 by Clara
Our next round.... was created by Clara
Bob had a catherer put in on June 9th and we were planning to go on a family beach trip on the 13th. However, Bob started feeling nauseaus on the 10th and it just got worse.
By the 13th, I told everyone else to go on and the Dr.'s office told me to bring Bob in. He had lost around 10 pounds in 2 weeks. The dr. and pa suggested that he go into the hospital at least for the weekend and get some IV's, get checked out and see if they could figure out what was going on.
We came home on Friday, June 20th. Bob had started feeling a little better by Tues. morning but they had decided to go ahead and start his chemo while we were there. That was the end of feeling good...the gemzar and carboplatin evidently set him back again since he was all ready run down. They never did pinpoint anything causing the nauseau and loss of appetite but I still cannot help but think that it is a combination of the chemo and depression from the last scan report and the visit to the urologist since he was so negative. They did try Bob without the catherer in the hospital for 8 hrs. one day but it had to be put back in and will probably be worn from now on. Will follow-up with the urol. next Wed.
It is good to be at home and we are trying so hard to get him built back up before we have to go back on July 3rd for a treatment of gemzar.

Sounds like a lot of us are in a tough situation now but we shall make it through..

Love and prayers
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne